ZeZeene

ZeZeene submitted a new resource:

Poll as Pie Chart - Display your polls as pie charts

FqvcvEv.png
7qnG4WD.gif
c6An6UA.png
Display your polls as pie charts.
Because charts are awesome.

Did you ever finish voting in a poll, only to find a couple of boring bars staring icily at you? Did you ever browse around your forum and got the itchy feeling that is still needed something, something more, something chart-like...
We have all had...

Read more about this resource...

This looks awesome! Just so you know I think this is well worth $5.00. ;)
Thanks! =)
I've priced it lower for now, because I don't really think some parts are quite up to snuff yet. (hence the 0.2.0 version number)

For example, here are some things I'd still like to implement:
  • Colour customization (Currently the slices' colours are automatically generated, although they do tend to work well with any design that has a sensible background)
  • Option to asynchronously load the chart, since it slows the page down a bit.
  • Option to fall back to the default poll display or disable 3D charts on mobile devices.
  • More chart types.
  • Possible a pie chart BBCode, both a standalone one and a version for those who have the BBCode Manager installed.

When you create a poll, can you choose whether to use bar or pie graphs, or is it all in?

When you create a poll, can you choose whether to use bar or pie graphs, or is it all in?
Currently, enabling the addon changes all bars into pie graphs and disabling it does the exact opposite.
This might be something I'm willing to add to a future version though, perhaps both a per-poll and a per-node option.

I keep coming back to this resource. (I'm really liking the layout and the design of this) Just purchased and waiting for the file to be sent. Looks like you've done a fantastic job on this @ZeZeene (y)

Installed Perfectly without any issues whatsoever. Fast delivery of the file once I purchased and a bargain. I'll rate and review this once I submitted this post and thanks for a useful add-on Zezeene.

Screenshot_10.webp

I keep coming back to this resource. (I'm really liking the layout and the design of this) Just purchased and waiting for the file to be sent. Looks like you've done a fantastic job on this @ZeZeene (y)

Thank you :)
I was about to apologize for some delays in payment processing, but apparently it seems like it was just my control panel being slow, considering the fact that it also told me it would take ten to fourty minutes before the update could be properly distributed.

Could you post pictures of the options page?

It would appear @Shelley beat me to this. Added it to the Resource's page for everyone's convenience =)

Working on this for the next version:
  • Option to fall back to an image instead of the normal bars in case the required technologies aren't supported.
  • Option to force a different graph type for mobile users.

@MattW has a cool pie chart for theme information resource

Yes, both this addon and his make use of a similar API to generate the charts, although his are only viewable by Administrators and more like a sweet little extra bonus-feature rather than the entire point of the addon.

I just installed this and love it! Anyone that wants to see it live can see it here. Quick question though, can this be used in the widget framework addon eventually? I have a thread currently in the sidebar and it doesn't convert to the pie chart, but if it did it would be perfect.

I just installed this and love it! Anyone that wants to see it live can see it here. Quick question though, can this be used in the widget framework addon eventually? I have a thread currently in the sidebar and it doesn't convert to the pie chart, but if it did it would be perfect.

If I am not mistaken the Widget Framework uses it's own template for that particular widget, and looking at the page it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to adapt the template modification.
I'll throw this in with the next version, but due to the relatively high distribution cost of updates I'd like to add a couple more features before sending the new version out. Might change the payment gateway sometime though, so hopefully that shouldn't be much of an issue in the future.

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to show percentage and number of votes at the same time? Like 83.3% (3 votes)

Looks like this isn't part of the default Widget Framework widgets. If you could send me the .xml for the widget you're referring to, then I'd be glad to adapt it for you. If that isn't possible, you could just manually create a new template modification (if I'm correct it's just a one-to-one direct copy, aside from the used template's name).

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to show percentage and number of votes at the same time? Like 83.3% (3 votes)
Currently it does not support arbitrary strings of text, so no, sorry. However, in the next version a couple more options are coming.

View attachment 58473
Getting this when using a dark background. Where to edit the choice title color?
This is part of the next version, which should be available for download in about 1o t0 30 minutes.

Top Bottom