Please, hide reactions of ignored members.

rafass

Scenario: User(s) who abuse of the like system.
This user(s) are permanently clicking the like button absolutely all the time and everywhere in all the board.
is super annoying. if a thread contain 20 replies, you will see 15-18 times:
Screen shot 2015-06-23 at 9.33.35 PM.webp
That user(s) are already in the ignore list. but unfortunately even if this user(s) are ignored you will see that likes all the time and everywhere, there is a clear abuse of the likes. kind of flood.

They're not trolls or bad users. they're just kind of "addicts" to click in the "like" button.

That's happening in some communities, and is happening here too with 1 user. (I'll not say with who)
but is VERY annoying. Seriously.

Would be great if once ignored that likes are ignored too.

Many thanks.

Upvote 47
Totally can't tell whose like that is in the screenshot...

In any case, the ignore feature is not meant to hide users' existence. If it bothers anyone so much, then don't pay attention and focus on something else.

I havent blocked anyone here but it should be the same as facebook.

I blocked many of my sisters annoying friends and my sister on facebook that always message me or always like all my status and photos. If facebook didnt block their likes even if i had them on my blocked list it would be annoying to see their likes everywhere. Little sisters are annoying.

I think the ignore system should completly ignore someone if you choose to ignore them.

On most forums other than here i am a lurker. I mostly just use the like button. I rarely post.

hehe

Last edited:
Scenario: User(s) who abuse of the like system.
This user(s) are permanently clicking the like button absolutely all the time and everywhere in all the board.
is super annoying. if a thread contain 20 replies, you will see 15-18 times:
View attachment 109230

You should not place such users into the "ignore" list, but into a user group that is not allowed to like.

There is no need to remove the likes from individually ignored users.

You should not place such users into the "ignore" list, but into a user group that is not allowed to like.
There is no need to remove the likes from individually ignored users.
Absolutely no.
And there are many reasons to simply don't remove the likes to them.
Why not simply hide that likes instead?
--
@Amaury appreciate if you stop clicking like button at least here in this thread. Enough.
I know you love it, and I know you don't like this suggestion, you want obligate me to see your likes. But enough! seriously.

You don't get to dictate to other members how they use this site.
If it bothers you that much, I suggest you stop using it.
Thanks for your "friendly" suggestion (as always) If you think stop using Xenforo is the solution, ok, but you're completely wrong. it doesn't fix the possibly same scenario on my board or other boards. ignored member who are flooding permanently with the likes.
Would be great if someday the ignore system is improved on this way, it's all.
This suggestion will get:
Screen shot 2015-06-25 at 3.36.54 PM.webp
So, I'm willing to pay a good money for the addon to hide completely the likes of ignored members.
Feel free to contact me via PM if someone have a solution with addon.
--
PD: Sorry for this suggestion.

Brogan isn't wrong - he's not commenting on your suggestion, he's telling you that you don't dictate to others how they are to use this site. In that respect he is completely correct - only the XenForo admins and moderators should be the ones to do this.

Anyway, on to your suggestion. Personally I disagree with hiding the likes altogether. However, I do think it should be consistent with other ignored content and so it should show 'ignored member' instead.

I do think it should be consistent with other ignored content and so it should show 'ignored member' instead.
Well, that could be fine, but add too much text in the sentence:
Screen shot 2015-06-25 at 4.05.42 PM.webp
Will looks ugly in mobile devices.
in the end you will feel tired seeing "and x ignored member(s) like this"
But is a reasonable solution. Thanks!

Oh, well, yes. That's could be a good solution.
Many thanks for your suggestion Martok, Appreciate it.
Would be great have something like this in the future.
Hide that nicks on some way.

Last edited:
That's happening in some communities, and is happening here too with 1 user. (I'll not say with who)
but is VERY annoying. Seriously.

You don't get to dictate to other members how they use this site.

If it bothers you that much, I suggest you stop using it.
Unfortunately, there are ways to use some features of the software to annoy other users - like all their posts, like all the posts of anyone who disagrees with them, like their posts/then unlike/like again/unlike again, follow someone you don't like, or follow/unfollow/follow/unfollow are some examples that will usually fly below the radar.

These features are meant to enhance the forum experience and usually they're used with good intention, but they can be used for other purposes and some people are more sensitive to it than others. At some point it goes from being harmless and all in fun to harassment.

On my forum, we take notice of members who in our opinion are rising to the level of trying to make other members uncomfortable using the site. I think @rafass made a good point in suggesting that the there be some changes made to the core to minimize this possible misuse of the system.

Last edited:
I fully agreed that ignore functionality needs to be improved further. If any specific member choose to ignore another person , he shouldn't be seeing his name all around the board. Simply that name should be gone similar how Social Media websites are doing.

Another vote from me

I fully agreed that ignore functionality needs to be improved further. If any specific member choose to ignore another person , he shouldn't be seeing his name all around the board. Simply that name should be gone similar how Social Media websites are doing.

Another vote from me

This is not ignore. It is blocking. I don't think there is a forum software with this feature. Forums are meant to be communicative. But there is an add-on for this. ;)

Unfortunately, there are ways to use some features of the software to annoy other users - like all their posts, like all the posts of anyone who disagrees with them, like their posts/then unlike/like again/unlike again, follow someone you don't like, or follow/unfollow/follow/unfollow are some examples that will usually fly below the radar.

These features are meant to enhance the forum experience and usually they're used with good intention, but they can be used for other purposes and some people are more sensitive to it than others. At some point it goes from being harmless and all in fun to harassment.

On my forum, we take notice of members who in our opinion are rising to the level of trying to make other members uncomfortable using the site. I think @rafass made a good point in suggesting that the there be some changes made to the core to minimize this possible misuse of the system.
Another vote from me
Thanks guys. you're absolutely right.
And that's is exactly the issue I'm facing here in Xenforo Community with the user Amaury.
Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 2.25.50 AM.webp
Is very frustrating visit Xenforo Community and see everywhere the nickname of someone that you want to ignore completely. Who cares the likes of the "ignored" members?
Those likes are a weird mix of harassment + flood (+even spam)
Simply that name should be gone similar how Social Media websites are doing.
it should be exactly like in social media networks. yes.

I believe that this problem is solved with this code:

open /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php

find:
$user1 = $user2 = $user3 = '';

before it put:
PHP:
foreach ($users as $key => $user)
        {
            if (XenForo_Visitor::getInstance()->isIgnoring($user['user_id']))
            {
                unset($users[$key]);
            }
        }

if (empty($users))
        {
            return;
        }

$users = array_values($users);

replace template "likes_summary" with:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$message.likes}">
    <xen:require css="likes_summary.css" />
    <xen:if hascontent="true">
    <div class="likesSummary secondaryContent">
        <span class="LikeText">
            <xen:contentcheck><xen:likes number="$message.likes" users="$message.likeUsers" url="$likesUrl" liked="$message.like_date" /></xen:contentcheck>
        </span>
    </div>
    </xen:if>
</xen:if>

Top Bottom