Pick'em - Fantasy Sports Prediction game

Pick'em - Fantasy Sports Prediction game [Paid] 1.5.3

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Bob B updated Pickem with a new update entry:

1.3.0 Stable

Pickem 1.3.0 Stable
  • Misc minor bug fixes (all reported bugs fixed)
  • Minor Template Changes
  • Minor CSS Changes
New/enhanced features and functionality:
  • Leaderboard Comments System
  • Each Week within a pool has its own comments
  • Comments can be sorted (Date: Newest to Oldest (default), Date: Oldest to Newest, Likes: Most to Least, Likes: Least to Most)
  • Comments use the core XF WYSIWYG Editor
  • Comments can be liked
  • Comments can be replied to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm trying to delete last years sample pool, but when I do, I get this error:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'pool_id' in 'where clause'
1.Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
2.Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
3.Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
4.Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 661
5.Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete() in NFLJ/Pickem/DataWriter/Pool.php at line 74
6.NFLJ_Pickem_DataWriter_Pool->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
7.XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 1019
8.XenForo_Controller->_deleteData() in NFLJ/Pickem/ControllerAdmin/Pool.php at line 149
9.NFLJ_Pickem_ControllerAdmin_Pool->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
10.XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
11.XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/httpd/vhosts/dabears.com/httpdocs/admin.php at line 13

On one of my sites we normally do an ESPN eliminator league which looks to be mostly what this addon does. However, @Bob B how does this add-on deal with ties? On ESPN in the event of a tie we they pick based on largest point difference in wins.

On one of my sites we normally do an ESPN eliminator league which looks to be mostly what this addon does. However, @Bob B how does this add-on deal with ties? On ESPN in the event of a tie we they pick based on largest point difference in wins.

Each league has its own rules and tie breakers, so what I've done is just add 1st, 2nd and 3rd place fields for both Weekly and OverAll winners for each pool. That way you can handle tie breakers with a roll of the dice if you wanted to.

Resource FAQ updated to add information pertaining Branding Location, Call Home functionality and Code Encryption.

Where is the addon Branding Located? There is a small opaque branding/copyright located in the footer of all addon specific pages only.

Does this addon contain any "call home" code? No, none of my addons contain any "call home" functionality.

Does this addon contain any encrypted code? No, none of my addons contain any encrypted code. All source code is fully visible.

The XenAddons Winter Holiday's Sale is on now and will continue through Christmas & New Years ending on the 4th of January, 2015.

New Customers & Existing License Holders Specials:
  • All currently available addons are $10.00 off.
    • Showcase is on sale for $39.95, however, after the sale, the standard license cost will be increased to $60.
  • All brand removal licenses are 50% off.
  • SPECIAL OFFER: Pre order an AMS (Article Management System) license for $40 ($60 standard license cost).
    • Release date is sometime 1st quarter 2015
NOTE: For bulk purchases (ordering 3 or more licenses), please contact me prior to purchase for additional discount details.

Existing License Holders Only Specials:
  • Upgrade a license from yearly support/downloads to a lifetime support/downloads for $25.00
    • NOTE: bulk discounts do not apply to this offer
  • Limited Offer: purchase an AMS (Article Management System) early adopter license for $75.
    • early access to AMS (pre release Beta/RC versions)
    • use on 2 domains *Note, you must own the 2 domains and own the XF license*
    • 2 branding removal license
    • 2 years of support/downloads.
    • access to the development site
    • Limited Amount of license available. Contact me for more details.

Hi,

Just curious on two things here.

Can this addon allow for "Paid comps" i.e. I charge my members a few to enter the tipping comp and we give out prizes from the money that brings in.

Also can Pick the margin and pick the draw be added for individual games or rounds?

Hi,

Just curious on two things here.

Can this addon allow for "Paid comps" i.e. I charge my members a few to enter the tipping comp and we give out prizes from the money that brings in.

Also can Pick the margin and pick the draw be added for individual games or rounds?

Paid? Yes, via User Upgrades into a specific user group, then set the pool to only allow joining to that specific user group.

There are 3 pool types (Normal, which is straight up pick the winner, Spread, which is pick the winner based on the spread/margin and Draw, which allows players to either pick a winner or pick the draw).

Hi I have come across an issue. The alerts when triggered for discussions comeback saying
nflj_survivor_x_posted_comment_on_pool_y_week_z

and it not a hyperlink. I will look in the code and try to fix that but just on the off chance it has already been fixed

excellent thanks mate. Worked a treat. Will be adding a whole lot of extra stuff to pickem in the coming weeks, I will send you the code changes in case you want to use them for the new versions

Reactions: Bob
Top Bottom