1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Phrases for Color Palette style properties not working

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Luxus, May 19, 2013.

1. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

XenForo has phrases for the style properties of the color palette. For example

style_property_contentBackground_master = Content Background
    style_property_contentBackground_description_master = Main page background color

However changing those phrases has no effect. Your phrases remain unchanged. You can change them manually via editing the color palette style property itself only.

This is the internal link for the Content Background property: admin.php?style-property-defs/contentbackground.1215/edit

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

On what page are you saying they're not displaying the updated version?

The edit page always displays the master version (same with options, admin navigation, and many other things).

3. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

It's on the edit page I have posted above and a search result in the quick search:

This is the original english version:
    edit.png

And this is my translated version:
    edit2.png

This page is only available within the Master-Style. The contents of title and description don't change and the search result "Content Background" doesn't change either, even when you modified its phrase. I am not aware of any other pages where those phrases are used. So the questions is, if this is intended, what purpose do those phrases have?

4. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Mike, I have found another weirdness not related to the phrase issue. When you search for "Content Width", you get this one search result:

p1.png

Clicking at it brings you to the following page, but there is no such Content Width property:

p2.png

5. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Oh, now I see where those phrases from above are used. They are used in this overlay only:

stp.png

(I guess you can get the "Not a bug" prefix ready :D)

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The one bug here is that admin search wasn't displaying translated style property names.

Luxus likes this.