Permissions premium forums

Robby

I tried everything but can't set the right permissions for a private node.
I changed node permissions, group permissions and even tried individual permissions. With normal forums their are no problems, just with private nodes. I have seen several people complaining with this same issue and haven't found a solution. I'm guessing this is a bug.

I have moved this from the bugs forum as it isn't a bug.

Set the forum as Private and allow access for those groups you wish to have access.

Use the permissions analyser.
Thanks this helped.
The problem was the following. I have a premium membership group. If i put that as secondary group it wont work. If i disable the group it works. Isnt that a bug? Shouldnt the administrative group overide the secandary groups?

Permissions are cumulative.
It makes no difference whether they are primary or secondary.

The system has been designed however to have the Registered group as the primary and all other groups added as secondary.

This is how my forum is set up and it works with private forums.

Same here. I just recently went through and re-formatted all of my permissions to conform to the intended functionality - everyone is part of the Registered group as primary, and secondary group permissions all are cumulative past that.

Unless I am not understanding something, I do not believe there is a way to allow viewing of a private node through the User Group Permissions system, you have to grant each individual user access permissions for the node in question.

Permissions are cumulative.
It makes no difference whether they are primary or secondary.

The system has been designed however to have the Registered group as the primary and all other groups added as secondary.

This is how my forum is set up and it works with private forums.
The same for me, my forum permissions are set the same way.

I can also confirm that I have a private node that only one group can access. Members have this set as a secondary usergroup, so it does work.

Thanks I just learned something. Got rid of all my individual "view node" allow settings and just put people in the right group and allowed access to that group, worked fine

Top Bottom