XF 1.5 Permissions Issue

Okuma Steve

I'm having trouble with permission settings on my own account. I'm the 1st account and a super admin.

My account doesn't recognize changes to my permissions through the moderator menu in the admin cp. For any change to work I have to uncheck everything, save it, and then check the things I want and save it. If I want to change anything after that I have to clear it and do it again.

As an example I have my analyze permissions where it shows that I have permission to use the spam cleaner, and then on the right I do not have the option to use it.

Any ideas? It seems to only affect my account, others react normally to changes, at least the ones I've tested.

Capture.webp

You mentioned that you are a super admin, which needs the password entered to make changes.
That's only correct when editing administrators, not when editing moderators.

As an example I have my analyze permissions where it shows that I have permission to use the spam cleaner, and then on the right I do not have the option to use it.
The spam cleaner is only available on members who meet the Spam Cleaner User Criteria set in the ACP. Check your settings for those and adjust if necessary.

That's only correct when editing administrators, not when editing moderators.

The spam cleaner is only available on members who meet the Spam Cleaner User Criteria set in the ACP. Check your settings for those and adjust if necessary.

Yes I'm aware, that was the newest member of the forum and spam settings should be there.

It seems to only affect my account, others react normally to changes, at least the ones I've tested.
So if it's working for other moderators and not for you, what's different? Any differences in set-up etc?

Also are you using any caching? Have you tried disabling all add-ons and then making permission changes?

Top Bottom