1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.0 Permission problems when creating new posts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by mikesierra, Oct 31, 2011.

1. mikesierra

mikesierra Member

I have successfully installed my XenForo copy, and actually I am creating new threads in my forum. However, when I try to create a new posting with copy & paste from one of my blogs I get the following error message:

The following error occured:

Forbidden:

You don´t have permission to access /forums/lumapower.20/add-thread on this server.

The strange thing is that I did not change the default permission. I got this message several times, but not each time when I create a new post.

BTW: I am using XenForo 1.0.4, and my forums are here. I am logged in as administrator.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. mikesierra

mikesierra Member

Brogan, thanks for the quick response. Since my domain is not hosted on a dedicated root or virtual server, I don´t have access to the Apache logs. Is there anything my hosting provider can do?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

First thing to do would be to ask them to check the logs on your behalf and/or provide a copy of any relevant entries.

5. mikesierra

mikesierra Member

I asked for this a few minutes ago, now I have to wait.