People You May Know [Deleted]

So it's just a random user selection? Or is it genuinely based of some heuristics?

I wondered this...

It's actually just random.

Would be interested to see how this works on a big board. It uses ORDER BY RAND() which can be a little bit dodgy when dealing with lots of records.

It actually runs ok on a board with about 13,000 members to choose from.

Very good idea.

I hope you'd consider enhancing it in the future, to add the ability to base it on those who have replied to you on the site, or liked your posts.
This should be the highest priority. It's not really anything more than a random user block unless there's some logic behind it like this.

Would still love to see this improved according to the criteria I mentioned earlier in the thread.. Been a year, figured I'd revisit it and see if you had any further update plans...

Are you considering adding logic into this add-on in future?
Example: users who have replied to X's thread
Users who follow the same people X follows

Or based on customized field (registration), so that member can reach other member with same interests or common stuffs.

Would be nice to introduce some heuristic search based on same interest for ex (custom field)

Still interested in seeing this updated to add the logic to base it off those who have replied to you, liked your content, etc.

Keep it going!

Top Bottom