PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

How do we go about allowing user to purchase the same subscription package and have the new purchase stack on top of the old one (combine).

Why you don't setup a Trial for xx days at $xxx and let your members, after trial expiration, to buy or not the regular yearly membership? Now I'm not talking as coder but as user who many times have bought memberships in different sites. Almost never I paid for a trial with auto upgrade to a normal membership.

I agree with you. It is seldom on the internet. But outsode of the internet, it is standard and there is a reason for this.

Users are lazy. If they have a 10 days trial period which evolves without interruption to a one year or a monthly membership automatically, you will have a lot higher "keeper-rate" than with an interruption.

Once a trial-period ends and nothing happens automatically afterwards, people will start to think about it. Whether it is worth it at all, whether they have the time now to enter the necessary information, whether they know where their credit card is and so on... There are always excuses NOT to re-subscribe :)

This is why all print magazines, your webhoster or other normal products offer the first 3 editions for free or at low cost and if you forget to cancel early enough, you have automatically a yearly subscription at a higher price.

Adding this kind of combination to this addon would be a really big plus to earn money for us.

How do we go about allowing user to purchase the same subscription package and have the new purchase stack on top of the old one (combine).

i think I read in the official support forum of this addon, that it adds up at the last day of the old subscription. So the user does not loose a single day, if he ernews "too early".

In Europe mainland we rarely use credit cards or PayPal.
The main payment methods here are online banking which Stripe offers. (SEPA, iDEAL, Sofort, GiroPay, Bancontact)

Would it be possible to add these for Pember for XF1.5.17?

https://stripe.com/docs/sources/ideal
https://stripe.com/docs/sources/bancontact
https://stripe.com/docs/sources/sepa-debit
https://stripe.com/docs/sources/giropay
https://stripe.com/docs/sources/sofort

I can not upgarde yet to XF2.x because of my other addons. So I need that feature for your addon for XF1.5x

I would love to buy your addon. But it only makes sense for me, if online banking is included. Also for XF1.5x.

Once a trial-period ends and nothing happens automatically afterwards, people will start to think about it. Whether it is worth it at all, whether they have the time now to enter the necessary information, whether they know where their credit card is and so on... There are always excuses NOT to re-subscribe :)

Believe me the exact same thoughts he'll do when they'll get the PayPal notification for automatic subscription renewal and 99% they'll chargeback the payment.

@snoopy5
Don't swear for it :rolleyes:
Actually I can say that in most cases (2 out of 2 for me) they decide in favor of the client.

you have to complain then to paypal. They tried that also with me a few years ago. I complained and prooved them PayPal) that there is no point of refunding money for virtual goods like forum content/forum access. Since then, all my subscription/donation offers are marked within paypal internally as non-refundable. No problems anymore.

Believe me the exact same thoughts he'll do when they'll get the PayPal notification for automatic subscription renewal and 99% they'll chargeback the payment.
so if you do not use this feature, so what, there are lots of others that would like to use it....

I agree with you. It is seldom on the internet. But outsode of the internet, it is standard and there is a reason for this.
Sorry but there are lots of websites that use this method... mainly adult sites... and the conversion had been proved to be high...

... a few years ago.
Forget the old good days of "a few years ago". If I understood reading your post before, you deal (or "also deal") with EU. Since 1st July 2017 EU changed the rules for online payments especially for downloadable products and services. There is a 14 days period that a client can request a full refund no reason given. Actually this term was the one which those 2 scammers wrote in their claim to PayPal.

Forget the old good days of "a few years ago". If I understood reading your post before, you deal (or "also deal") with EU. Since 1st July 2017 EU changed the rules for online payments especially for downloadable products and services. There is a 14 days period that a client can request a full refund no reason given. Actually this term was the one which those 2 scammers wrote in their claim to PayPal.

I do not know anything baout that. I need to reserach that.

In my forums, I do not sell downloadable products. I have one forum in whch you can only have access to subforums if you are a premium member. So I doubt that this EU rule (need to check the original text of that law before I have a real opinion about it) will affect me.

So I doubt that this EU rule (need to check the original text of that law before I have a real opinion about it) will affect me.
You belong to "web services" category. If you find something good please PM as I'm also interesting. What I found was very confusing and I'm not a lawyer, so I gave up.

You belong to "web services" category. If you find something good please PM as I'm also interesting. What I found was very confusing and I'm not a lawyer, so I gave up.
Dude you are sooooo negative.... just face it, trial pirods are good for some, they are tried and proved to work... even if it is not your thing....

Lets look it this way: there are users who wnat to have that feature. Just implement it and everybody can decide whether he wants to use it or not.

I mean what can go wrong by adding this? Nothing. Worst case the user will try to get a charge back. Then you are in the same situation as before. But not worse. But if only one user prolongue his subscription thanks to this added feature, it is worth it already ;)

Worst case the user will try to get a charge back.
If the user paid with his PP balance, really there is no problem if he chargeback the payment.
But if he paid with his Credit Card, sorry, but it will costs you $200 Banking fees that PayPal debits to your account at once. I had to close my first PP account just for this reason. As you can understand I had no wish to pay $200 so I prefered to let that account unused. Good for me it was on my wife's name, so not a big issue.

If the user paid with his PP balance, really there is no problem if he chargeback the payment.
But if he paid with his Credit Card, sorry, but it will costs you $200 Banking fees that PayPal debits to your account at once. I had to close my first PP account just for this reason. As you can understand I had no wish to pay $200 so I prefered to let that account unused. Good for me it was on my wife's name, so not a big issue.

can you link me to the description of paypal that describes that kind of case? There must be written something in the terms of use of paypal to be able to make such a "punishement". Depending on the amount the user is claiming back, it has to be in some kind of balance with that.

I.e. if he claims 10 USD back, PayPAl can not charge 200 USD as a withdraw fee.

can you link me to the description of paypal that describes that kind of case? There must be written something in the terms of use of paypal to be able to make such a "punishement". Depending on the amount the user is claiming back, it has to be in some kind of balance with that.

I.e. if he claims 10 USD back, PayPAl can not charge 200 USD as a withdraw fee.

Sorry, I was not clear. This happens if he paid with CC AND he issue the claim to his Bank and not to PayPal.

@snoopy5

Just after a quick search:
https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/article/what-is-a-chargeback,-and-why-did-i-get-one-faq2036

As you can see PP clarifes that A chargeback isn’t the same as a PayPal claim. The chargeback process is initiated outside of PayPal, between the card issuer and their cardholder. There is also a 14 GBP PayPal fees. But if you search in more details you'll see that these fees are only for PayPal and they're in addition to Bank's Fees. In my case was Visa and even now it debits $200 per case. Don't know about MasterCard or other cards.

Top Bottom