PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

Ok. I duplicated it. I will have an upgrade which will include this bug fix in a few days. But in the meantime replace the file library/PemBer/ControllerPublic/Account.php with the one attached I have attached to this post.

----------

If you do not want to replace the file (for any reason... :) ), you can do this one simple edit below.

in library/PemBer/ControllerPublic/Account.php on line 17

Find

PHP:
XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink($salesUrl),

Replace with this

PHP:
$salesUrl,

Attachments

Hey @OakleyForum long time no see... :)

About TLS1.2, the amount of misunderstanding around the web is amazing. I like to keep things simple.

So, let me try to explain in simple terms. Basically paypal, for the purpose of security is telling people to connect to them in a secure way. So they are saying that we will turn you away from our door unless you come in a nice spacesuit so we know you haven't been affected by all the radiation out there! :)

So... this nice space suit is the new TLS 1.2 protocol that everyone is talking about. Again, you could be getting to paypal's door with either php or with curl driving you there. Now maybe your car is old and it can't fit you in with the fancy space suit on! So you got to upgrade your car.

IN other words. It is either PHP or cURL on your server which has to support the TLS1.2 protocol. (for our purposes).

With the above information in mind, now let's come to PemBer. PemBer uses cURL to make ALL of the API calls to paypal. And it uses PHP when IPN comes in. So what you need to ensure is that your PHP supports TLS1.2 and if not, at least that cURL supports TLS1.2.

Now how do you know if it does? or doesn't? Our good XenForo devs have provided a function which checks if your server supports TLS1.2. I will have a small update release out within a few days which will include a couple of features I have added since 1.3.2 and also I will also include the check for your server which will tell you if your server supports TLS 1.2 or not.

If you are impatient and don't want to wait, you could simply disable pember for a second and go to your Admin->Users->List User Upgrades page on your XF 1.5.6

upload_2016-2-25_0-19-20.webp

There if your server does not support TLS1.2 it will show you this notice.

upload_2016-2-25_0-19-52.webp

If this notice doesn't show up, then your server DOES support TLS 1.2. I will have this notice part of PemBer's List Products page as well in the next update.

And in the off chance that someone reading this is on an old server and his server does not support TLS 1.2, you have to update PHP and cURL. Normally you should just raise a ticket with your host and they should be able to do it for you.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey @OakleyForum long time no see... :)

About TLS1.2, the amount of misunderstanding around the web is amazing. I like to keep things simple.

So, let me try to explain in simple terms. Basically paypal, for the purpose of security is telling people to connect to them in a secure way. So they are saying that we will turn you away from our door unless you come in a nice spacesuit so we know you haven't been affected by all the radiation out there! :)

So... this nice space suit is the new TLS 1.2 protocol that everyone is talking about. Again, you could be getting to paypal's door with either php or with curl driving you there. Now maybe your car is old and it can't fit you in with the fancy space suit on! So you got to upgrade your car.

IN other words. It is either PHP or cURL on your server which has to support the TLS1.2 protocol. (for our purposes).

With the above information in mind, now let's come to PemBer. PemBer uses cURL to make ALL of the API calls to paypal. And it uses PHP when IPN comes in. So what you need to ensure is that your PHP supports TLS1.2 and if not, at least that cURL supports TLS1.2.

Now how do you know if it does? or doesn't? Our good XenForo devs have provided a function which checks if your server supports TLS1.2. I will have a small update release out within a few days which will include a couple of features I have added since 1.3.2 and also I will also include the check for your server which will tell you if your server supports TLS 1.2 or not.

If you are impatient and don't want to wait, you could simply disable pember for a second and go to your Admin->Users->List User Upgrades page.

View attachment 129286

There if your server does not support TLS1.2 it will show you this notice.

View attachment 129287

If this notice doesn't show up, then your server DOES support TLS 1.2. I will have this notice part of PemBer's List Products page as well in the next update.

And in the off chance that someone reading this is on an old server and his server does not support TLS 1.2, you have to update PHP and cURL. Normally you should just raise a ticket with your host and they should be able to do it for you.

Cheers!

An amazing explanation! Only second to how awesome this add-on is! :).

Thanks!

Getting this error for 2 of my 6 subscriptions - posted more on paid members.net:

Code:
SetExpressCheckout Error - 10405: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. CancelURL is missing.

Getting this error for 2 of my 6 subscriptions - posted more on paid members.net:

Code:
SetExpressCheckout Error - 10405: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. CancelURL is missing.

Think I solved it by re-uploading the latest version and re-updating.

Yes as I said on the support site, there was a problem with one of the files in the package which was corrected in a few hours. Glad you re-uploaded! :)

Any progress on a coupon feature? Would love the ability to have one-off coupons for larger subscriptions, then have them renew at the full price.

Any progress on a coupon feature? Would love the ability to have one-off coupons for larger subscriptions, then have them renew at the full price.

Hey oakley, right now the major work is going to be on PemBer version 1.4. It will bring in Stripe. :)

About what you want, you can accomplish it right now without coupons. You can create a new recurring subscription with a lower first period amount and higher recurring cost. That is ALREADY possible.

It's in the Contact Details settings page for a member. Btw this is also automatically filled based on which account the user made payments from.

upload_2016-4-13_8-15-35.webp

Top Bottom