PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

So I have a very large forum with a pretty large paid subscription group. Essentially, members pay a set fee for an annual membership to this user group. there is no digital download at all.

I would love the ability to do this:

- affiliate money to folks that get others to sign up
- multiple ways to notify people their sub is about to run out

However, I don't need any of the other features. Is this add on configurable to hide the rest?

So I have a very large forum with a pretty large paid subscription group. Essentially, members pay a set fee for an annual membership to this user group. there is no digital download at all.

I would love the ability to do this:

- affiliate money to folks that get others to sign up
- multiple ways to notify people their sub is about to run out

However, I don't need any of the other features. Is this add on configurable to hide the rest?

Hi Ryan

The affiliate commission is credited only when subscriptions (PemBer calls them products) are purchased through PemBer. So I am afraid you cannot use this as a standalone affiliates system.

Sorry if I missed it... with this add-on can a member purchase a paid subscription for another member as a gift subscription?

Hi Sadik,

I have a specific need and I am trying to figure out if PemBer can solve it.
We have various local clubs active on our car forum. Some of these local clubs would like to take recurring annual membership payments. Each of these clubs are separate organizations with their own PayPal account.

I am looking for a solution whereby we can list the membership options of all the clubs, so that users can go in and purchase membership to the club of their choice. Once a user pays for membership to a specific club, the club would receive payment to their unique PayPal account, and then the user would get upgraded to a specific XF usergroup.

Thanks.

I sell some products etc. on my site and it would be nice if I could offer a paid usergroup a percentage off of products for being a member, anything like that possible?

I sell some products etc. on my site and it would be nice if I could offer a paid usergroup a percentage off of products for being a member, anything like that possible?

Well, no, unfortunately discounts are not possible. However you can configure certain products to be only available to certain usergroups. So you could have a product for reduced price available only to members who have the desired usergroup.

Awesome, thanks Sadik... how is 1.3 coming along?
Still at least 2 weeks away. Apologies but can't help it. Good news is that 1.3 feature (gift subscription) is a critical component of a new project I am doing for a site so It HAS to be released sooner rather than later... :)

Reactions: RDR
@Sadik B - What happens when a guest buys a membership? Are they prompted to make an account automatically when they return from Paypal?

arn

@Sadik B - What happens when a guest buys a membership? Are they prompted to make an account automatically when they return from Paypal?

arn

Yes. The workflow is sales page -> Paypal -> register page.

The buyers also get an email with a link to the register url once their payment is received, so they can even register later if they want. Also there are checks to see if a user is already existing and they are prompted to login in case an account already exists. In that case, their account is upgraded as soon as they login.

Sadik B updated PemBer - Paid Membership & Affiliates System with a new update entry:

Gift Membership and Bug Fixes

Hello All,

I am extremely pleased to release the next version of PemBer.

PemBer 1.3.0
contains bug fixes for all the bugs reported by customers and includes one hugely requested new feature: Gift Membership

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed Bug where certain email clients were not displaying links correctly.
  • Fixed Bug where guests could view disabled products on Sales Page
  • Fixed "Viewing Unknown Page" bug when members were browsing the Sales Page
  • Fixed bug where permanent...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yes. The workflow is sales page -> Paypal -> register page.

The buyers also get an email with a link to the register url once their payment is received, so they can even register later if they want. Also there are checks to see if a user is already existing and they are prompted to login in case an account already exists. In that case, their account is upgraded as soon as they login.

Sadik,

So can you walk me through this process?

1. Not logged in but has an account
2. Pays for membership
3. Returns to Register page.

How do you associate an existing user in that situation?

thanks
arn

Sadik,

So can you walk me through this process?

1. Not logged in but has an account
2. Pays for membership
3. Returns to Register page.

How do you associate an existing user in that situation?

thanks
arn

Hey @arn Thanks for the question.

Let's walk through... :)

On my dev instance, Adam already has an account.

upload_2015-12-10_9-16-42.webp

So if now Adam pays from the sales page and goes to the register page and provides his old account's email address, the below is the error message he will see on the register page:

upload_2015-12-10_9-28-39.webp

So he won't be able to register a new account with his old email address. Now if he clicks on the link "click here to login to your existing account and apply...", he comes to the below page:
upload_2015-12-10_9-30-59.webp

So now all he has to do is login to his old account and the product he purchased will be applied. So let's do this. The below is what he will see after logging in:

upload_2015-12-10_9-33-5.webp

Note this will also work if he makes a mistake first time when entering his password on the login page above.

Hope this cleared it.

If you would like to test this yourself, send me a PM and I will give you my dev board url and a paypal sandbox account and you can play with it.

Cheers!

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-10_9-25-56.webp
    upload_2015-12-10_9-25-56.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2015-12-10_9-32-24.webp
    upload_2015-12-10_9-32-24.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: arn
Top Bottom