PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

Ok here's my setup:

Basic member - $10
Gold member - $30
Platinum member - $60
etc

I wanted people to be able to upgrade from Basic to Gold or Platinum, so I had my setup like this:

xsnsF8C.png

Users reported that they could not upgrade to the other levels, they were disabled. What am I doing wrong.

The rest of the checkboxes below this section, for enabling / disabling user groups are not checked.

You disable down the ladder. Meaning If your ladder is Basic > Gold > Platinum

Then in Platinum setup you disable Gold and Basic, In Gold you only disable Basic and in Basic you don't disable anything. Does that make sense?

The affiliate commission is credited only when subscriptions (PemBer calls them products) are purchased through PemBer. So I am afraid you cannot use this as a standalone affiliates system.
I only want to use it as a affiliates system for the user upgrade. Not possible?

Sadik B updated PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin with a new update entry:

PemBer 1.5.4

I am happy to announce the release of PemBer 1.5.4

PemBer 1.5.4 is a bug fix version which fixes a few bugs brought to my notice through support requests. All customers with current licenses running older versions of PemBer are recommended to update to the current version.

Apart from Bug Fixes, there is one change in the way taxes work. Now you can specify the default country in your country list. The default country is auto-selected so people don't have to click on the country list drop...

Read the rest of this update entry...

May I know why it's not possible? Cause from your descriptions, it sounds possible.

Sorry for the delayed response. I missed the alert.

I may have misunderstood what you want. Could you explain your use case in detail so that I can give you a more nuanced reply. If you tell me how you want to use PemBer, I can explain whether or not it can work that way.

Thanks.

Hi Sadik,

Would you recommend using your product for selling physical products? Is there a way around it?

It's designed only for digital products. There is no shipping functionality. Moreover in a physical products system you might want different prices based on options etc. This hasn't really been designed as a physical store, but for selling digital products and for membership sites.

However having said that you could do a little custom development to extend PemBer and add shipping, options etc to use it for store purchases. It wouldn't be a big addon. The core requirement for a payments solution is in place.

Sorry for the delayed response. I missed the alert.

I may have misunderstood what you want. Could you explain your use case in detail so that I can give you a more nuanced reply. If you tell me how you want to use PemBer, I can explain whether or not it can work that way.

Thanks.
Currently this is my setup:
1. I have a VIP forum.
2. Only members who purchase the user upgrade will be added to a usergroup & get to access the VIP forum.

Now I wish to add affiliates to the user upgrade. That's it.
So that more people will promote my VIP forum & they will get commission for each user upgrade purchase.

Last edited:
Currently this is my setup:
1. I have a VIP forum.
2. Only members who purchase the user upgrade will be added to a usergroup & get to access the VIP forum.

Now I wish to add affiliates to the user upgrade. That's it.
So that more people will promote my VIP forum & they will get commission for each user upgrade purchase.

Yes the affiliates system in PemBer will work with this. However there is a word of caution.

To be able to automatically pay the commission to your affiliates from your Paypal account, you need to have the MassPay API enabled for your Paypal business / premier account. Paypal are not allowing MassPay API on non US accounts. Several of PemBer customers who are in the EU or elsewhere have been unable to get MassPay enabled though US accounts have been able to.

If you are ok with manually paying the commissions earned to your affiliates (which you can see in PemBer backend) you can buy PemBer for this.

Also note that PemBer will "take over" your user upgrades though the older user upgrades will continue to work.

Regards

Sadik B updated PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin with a new update entry:

PemBer 1.5.5

I am happy to announce the release of PemBer 1.5.5

PemBer 1.5.5 is small maintenance release and has exactly two Bug Fixes.

Changes Made:

1>

Logged in members will now be redirected to the correct product Buy page, if they click on the Direct Buy link for example, https://paidmembers.net/register/?strplan=pbInstall40

Earlier, they were being redirected to the forum home page.

2>

There was a BUG with the Product Exclusively for Usergroup setting in that if you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom