XF 1.4 PayPal Instant Payment Notifications

JamesBrown

Most every morning I'm getting one of these in the mail... How can I fix this? Thanks

"Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.mysite.co.uk/payment_gateway.php?method=paypal

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal"

Well, that's not actually XF's URL for callbacks. That would be IPNs from an older system still executing. (You can't change the URL for an IPN after the fact.)

Well, that's not actually XF's URL for callbacks. That would be IPNs from an older system still executing. (You can't change the URL for an IPN after the fact.)

Thanks Mike, but the old system is no more, we imported everthing from VB into new domains. I don't have any recurring payments set up in Paypal. What do you think could be generating them?

The IPN history in PayPal may give you ideas where they're coming from. (I'm not sure where PayPal buried that on their new design, unfortunately.)

I think that's the URL from before your import, but I'm not positive. Have you installed any add-ons that interact with upgrades?

I'm not sure where PayPal buried that on their new design, unfortunately.
Astonishingly, as far as I can tell, they haven't.

You have to go back to the old site design (and then be constantly bugged about moving over to the new site design).

Top Bottom