Pay to Post [Paid] [Deleted]

Liam W updated Pay to Post with a new update entry:

Bypass Payment Permission

This version adds a permission to bypass payment. This is a node/resource category permission.

If a user has this permission, they will see a 'Mark Paid' button next to the Purchase button on the summary page. Clicking this will mark the content as paid, and redirect them to the content without them having to pay.

Users with the 'Mark {content-type} paid' permission will also see this button, however that permission grants the ability to mark all content as paid - the Bypass payment...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Liam --
I'm having a problem with the latest version of the add-on.

whenever a member goes to post a resource, when they click "save" they get --

"You do not have permission to view this content as the payment is still being processed."

Instead of taking them to the payment screen.

I've tried to alter the permissions on their usergroup to "mark resource paid" = allowed and "can bypass payment (resources) = allowed, just to see what would happen, but i'm getting the same error.

This doesn't happen to adminstrator accounts, they get taken to the payment screen.

Any idea?

Liam --

"You do not have permission to view this content as the payment is still being processed."

I've tried to alter the permissions on their usergroup to "mark resource paid" = allowed and "can bypass payment (resources) = allowed, just to see what would happen, but i'm getting the same error.

This doesn't happen to adminstrator accounts, they get taken to the payment screen.

Any idea?
Do you have the permissions set correctly for the usergroup??

Do you have the permissions set correctly for the usergroup??

I'm not sure what you mean -- which permissions? they always had permission to post resources before, the only perms I see for liam's add-on have to do with overriding payments (unless i'm missing a setting somewhere?)

thanks!

Liam --

Any idea?

Looks like a bug, I'll release a quick fix in the next 5-20 mins :)

(I use the default method to get the resource and category in the make payment action, but this happens to check permissions to view, which I revoke if the content hasn't been paid for [and the viewing user isn't staff]).

Looks like a bug, I'll release a quick fix in the next 5-20 mins :)

(I use the default method to get the resource and category in the make payment action, but this happens to check permissions to view, which I revoke if the content hasn't been paid for [and the viewing user isn't staff]).
That would explain it!

looking forward to the new release

Liam --
this didn't fix the bypass payment problem for me, I still get the error message "You do not have permission to view this content as the payment is still being processed." when the user tries to bypass payment.

The group permissions are set correctly for the resource category, as far as I can tell (does anything else need to be explicitly set here?:
category-perms.webp

any idea?

thanks!

Strange, are they definitely clicking the 'Mark Paid' button on the purchase info page?

Liam

Strange, are they definitely clicking the 'Mark Paid' button on the purchase info page?

Liam
Yes -- they click the button on the right (which i've relabeled):
paytopost2a.webp

And it gives that error, just tried it again myself logged in as the user class with the perms shown above.

thanks

Hey Liam,

It is possible to have the sticky highlighted? what about a different highlight color for paid members?? thanks!

I can't buy the script! When i want to register in the forum hen i get the error:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

What's wrong? How can i get the plugin?

Best regards
Matthias

@Liam W -- we are still experiencing the problem above, people can't bypass payment .... any help would be appreciated, is there something I'm missing with setting the perms, or is this an honest-to-god bug? we really need this working if at all possible ....

Liam -- let me add some data to help you here, I think I see what is happening. The members that I want to allow to be able to bypass payments are upgraded members - ie, they are placed into an "additional" usergroup, in addition to remaining in their original usergroup. The additional usergroup that SHOULD BE ABLE TO bypass payments.

But somehow that permission is being over-ridden by the original usergroup, whose users can't bypass payment.

Any idea how to change the behavior of the add-on so that if the person is a member of any group with the ability to bypass payment, that it'll work?

Just to follow up my own post, according to XF's own documentation

"
Additive Permissions with Multiple User Groups
Forums generally have multiple classes of users, such as regular users, moderators, and administrators. Larger forums may have more classes, including premium users and other distinctions. Keeping track of permissions can be very challenging, so it is important to have a standard approach to laying out your permissions.

A key approach in managing complex permissions is to use multiple user groups to build up permissions for users with higher privileges.

Let’s consider the concept of a premium user. This user has all of the abilities of a regular user, but also has access to a few special permissions. This directs us to having these two user groups:

• Registered – this is a default group; it’s where newly registered users group.
  • Premium – this is a custom group that we’ll create to give the extra permissions.
For this setup to work, we need to ensure that the registered group does not use permission values of never, as it cannot be overridden.

When the premium user group is created, it starts with no permissions (all not set (no)). However, because the user will be in the premium group and the registered group, he or she will inherit all of registered user permissions. Thus, in the premium group, we only need to set the permissions (to allow) that we want to add.

"

So right now my "registered" permissions for this add-on look like this (ie, they are unset:

registered-perm.webp

And for my "premium" group, which people get added to when they purchase a year's subscription, looks like this:

premium.webp

In theory that premium group's permissions should be overriding the registered user perms, and allowing them to bypass payment. In practice, when I analyze the perms of one of my premium users, I get this:

perms.webp

So it is ignoring the user's premium group membership, and reverting to their lesser group perms. Which XF isn't supposed to do.... I think this may be a real bug in the add-on. Unless i've missed something!

thanks

ok, scratch that I got all the permissions working properly (according to analyze permissions), and still i'm getting this after clicking mark as paid:

error.webp
only users who don't get this are Admins.....

Hi,

Yeah - this is a bug. The bypass payment permission isn't working. I'm looking into it now (just starting up my local server).

Liam

Top Bottom