Patreon Upgrades [Deleted]

I've tried reloading the patreon rewards, but no changes come across. I also see no error messages when doing so?
Hi, if your rewards were created prior to the requirement of a name, you'll have to delete them and remake them. If that's not the issue, it could be due to an incorrect creator access token. If that isn't the cause either, I'd be happy to look at your board if you'd like.

I'll take a look at those things. I had installed the addon, then created all the rewards (I had sync'd with default originally). So it may be the access token. Give me like 10 minutes of testing, and i'll get back to you.

Yeah it was the access tokens. Apparently i somehow used the wrong ones. I would like to see however, it remove rewards that are no longer associated. Would cut down on confusion.

Also, In regards to built-in upgrades and rewards. I noticed that the built in upgrade system for xenforo still works in accepting payments. Is there anyway of having it so, for example, you are doing monthly on patreon, it takes over the user upgrades and not have it handled by xenforo?

Would be hugely beneficial

Yeah it was the access tokens. Apparently i somehow used the wrong ones. I would like to see however, it remove rewards that are no longer associated. Would cut down on confusion.
I'm not entirely understanding you, unfortunately.

Also, In regards to built-in upgrades and rewards. I noticed that the built in upgrade system for xenforo still works in accepting payments. Is there anyway of having it so, for example, you are doing monthly on patreon, it takes over the user upgrades and not have it handled by xenforo?

The way the upgrade system is built, it requires a payment profile, at least to my knowledge. With the upgrade system being the way it is, I don't see an elegant way to make it possible.

I'm not entirely understanding you, unfortunately.

Basically, the rewards that where there already, The default ones that come with patreon that i had sync'd over into xenforo, remain there, and are not removed when i refresh the rewards.

Basically, the rewards that where there already, The default ones that come with patreon that i had sync'd over into xenforo, remain there, and are not removed when i refresh the rewards.
So you removed them from Patreon, but they are not removed from the integration?

So you removed them from Patreon, but they are not removed from the integration?
Correct. The initially sync'd rewards, that are no longer present in Patreon, remain in the system. The newly created rewards are there, so it is bringing them in, but i can't remove the old ones at all.

Correct. The initially sync'd rewards, that are no longer present in Patreon, remain in the system. The newly created rewards are there, so it is bringing them in, but i can't remove the old ones at all.
Alright, I'll look to releasing a fix for that tomorrow or monday (UTC-5).

The webhook URI should just be yoursite.com/patreon_callback.php

Thanks! When I set that up, should I be able to use the "Send Test" options for Create Pledge, Update Pledge and Delete Pledge from the Patron API control panel?

Thanks! When I set that up, should I be able to use the "Send Test" options for Create Pledge, Update Pledge and Delete Pledge from the Patron API control panel?
I wouldn't recommend as it will try to send tests that the integration will assume is real. It shouldn't do anything if no one is connected via the integration though.

@Z61 I am confused by how to properly implement this plugin. I have it communicating with Patreon, or so I think, because I am able to go to Setup > Patreon > Manager Rewards and see the unassociated rewards and then associate them with user upgrades on my forum.

However I do not understand how to make it so that a user upgrade is only possible via Patreon and not by another payment method. I do not see where I can make Patreon a XenForo Payment Profile and so consequently I cannot create a user upgrade that only uses Patreon. I have to pick an existing user upgrade that uses PayPal or Stripe, for example.

Also, when I try to login using Patreon I get the following error:

Code:
{
  "error": "invalid_request", 
  "error_description": "Mismatching redirect URI."
}

Can you help with these things?

However I do not understand how to make it so that a user upgrade is only possible via Patreon and not by another payment method. I do not see where I can make Patreon a XenForo Payment Profile and so consequently I cannot create a user upgrade that only uses Patreon. I have to pick an existing user upgrade that uses PayPal or Stripe, for example.
That is not possible due to the way payment providers work in XenForo 2.

The error, however, is typically caused by user error or confusion. Double check and make sure your Patreon app settings are correct and its redirect URI points to yoursite.com/connected_account.php

That is not possible due to the way payment providers work in XenForo 2.

The error, however, is typically caused by user error or confusion. Double check and make sure your Patreon app settings are correct and its redirect URI points to yoursite.com/connected_account.php

Ahhhh ok. Thanks! I think I have it working now. :)

Top Bottom