1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pages - a new project

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Peggy, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I am taking on the pages feature of XenForo. I am following in Brogan's footsteps to make use of Pages for my homepage, to start.

This thread is my journal, so to speak. I shall post my accomplishments, frustrations, and questions here. Please feel free to snail mail me a box of tissues (or 2 :cry: ), a stress ball (for when I feel the need to hit something, I can squeeze it instead :cautious: ), a bicycle helmet (for when I feel the need to hit my head against the wall o_O ), and a portable toidie (so I don't have to get up to go :X3: ).

Thank you.

Martyn, GodForum.com and ArnyVee like this.
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Can one put this code - <xen:include template="sidebar_share_page"> on a page to get the side bar share page?

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Perhaps not? I get this error -
    Template HTML:
    Template tags are not well-formed. <xen:include> was not closed.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You need to close the tag using /

<xen:include template="name_of_template" />

Pages always have the share page template included at the bottom though.

5. James

James Well-Known Member

You can use any template syntax in pages. You can also edit the page template directly using the template system. A search for "page" should bring it up.

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

AH! I got what I wanted (thanks John).

You're right Brogan I didn't want the FB share block, I wanted the FB Follow block. See? http://mahoningvalleytalk.com/pages/home/

It has a black border around the content tho that I can't get rid of. :(

7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Really? I can't find my page anywhere in the templates. So I've been editing it by going back to the node tree.

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

How do I get rid of the Signed in as box off of my sidebar just on this page?

9. Brogan

Search for _page_node

10. Brogan

11. James

James Well-Known Member

Maybe you have to be in debug mode, but here's my page node:
    [​IMG]

Try searching for _page_, if you can't find it you might need debug mode enabled.

12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

That's the same code that you gave me in PC, but that box is still there. http://mahoningvalleytalk.com/pages/home/

This is my code -

<!-- Beginning of sidebar -->
    <xen:sidebar>
    <xen:container var="$noVisitorPanel">1</xen:container>
    <xen:if is="!{$noVisitorPanel}">
    <!-- FB Follow -->
    <div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent" id="facebook">
    <h3>Like Us On Facebook!</h3>
    <script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"></script>
    <fb:like-box href="http://www.facebook.com/MahoningValleyTalk" width="220" height="270" show_faces="true" stream="false" header="false"></fb:like-box></div></div>
    <!-- End FB Follow -->

</xen:if>
    </xen:sidebar>

13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

James likes this.
  14. Brogan

It's listed there - presumably node 23 - _page_node.23

15. James

James Well-Known Member

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Oh now that is funny. I would never, ever, have thought to look there. I'm betting not too many others will either.

LOL!

17. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

So Brogan did you see my code above? I have the same as yours but the signed in as box is still there.

18. Brogan

19. James

James Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that code:
    Sets the $noVisitorPanel variable to 1 (or true) meaning that there is no visitor panel? So it's true that there isn't one, then you're checking if the $noVisitorPanel variable is false (i.e. set to 0), meaning you're saying "display sidebar content if $noVisitorPanel is set to 0"

@Peggy, if you remove the exclamation mark before the {$noVisitorPanel} does it work?

20. Brogan

It works exactly as posted, as per my example linked to above.