[OzzModz] Verify Email Before Registration

[OzzModz] Verify Email Before Registration [Paid] 2.0.8

No permission to buy ($10.00)
Of coarse you made this one too lol. I have noticed over the past few days using xF my approval queue was being flooded. Started looking into better spam solutions and remembered a method I used on vB. looked for it and here I am =P I will test this out to see how it works with xF but from past experience this is the best way to reduce spam, and will provide your site with better defense than any 40$+ addon that may potentially block real members.

using anything other than the php built in method I am receiving a server error occurred error when trying to request the verification code.

Im not sure if this is the fault of the plugin or my setup.

host godaddy - Email transport method:
Connection type SMTP
Host smtpout.secureserver.net:465
Username noreply@dirtrif.com
Encryption SSL

I have also tried with gmail:
smtp.gmail.com:465
dirtrif@gmail.com
SSL

both result in the same error, just checked my log and it did register this error. I will test without this enabled and see if it's the same result:
  • LogicException: Instances of XF\Db\AbstractAdapter cannot be serialized or unserialized
  • src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php:680
Stack:
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->__sleep()
#1 src/XF/Mail/Queue.php(57): serialize(Object(Swift_Message))
#2 src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php(292): XF\Mail\Queue->queueForRetry(Object(Swift_Message), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(404): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(Swift_SmtpTransport), NULL, true)
#4 src/addons/OzzModz/VerifyEmail/Service/User/EmailVerifier.php(134): XF\Mail\Mail->send()
#5 src/addons/OzzModz/VerifyEmail/Service/User/EmailVerifier.php(123): OzzModz\VerifyEmail\Service\User\EmailVerifier->sendEmailVerificationCode(Array)
#6 src/addons/OzzModz/VerifyEmail/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php(61): OzzModz\VerifyEmail\Service\User\EmailVerifier->createValidationEntry(Object(XF\Session\Session), 'ryanfabbrosr@gm...', NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): OzzModz\VerifyEmail\XF\Pub\Controller\Register->actionWithoutVerificationCode(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('OzzModz\\VerifyE...', 'WithoutVerifica...', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(OzzModz\VerifyEmail\XF\Pub\Controller\Register), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(OzzModz\VerifyEmail\XF\Pub\Controller\Register), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}
Request:
Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(10) "/register/"
  ["referrer"] => string(29) "https://dirtrif.com/register/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["email_address"] => string(22) "ryanfabbrosr@gmail.com"
    ["g-recaptcha-response"] => string(484) "03AGdBq24L4ASg64UCG55T7HHEA_c3m_qVZ1OzaIREBpcRLCar1uWM7Ups2-kXL2PF5tMGVCkBNFnkXu6glCQVN_0vhvh-WefJEOSSV5DG5XX74qE28RvWNcGrqEnUgaIggyGxfqYD7f30pOWs-phQOZtKUffe0Gnvf021Q6T9wOvHLtjGHRhRaq6YN23tuPihGtAVm2SAvn1vSioljQ43Zg-MO833RA8mDNE9c-llT1qtUK42e-rh_kfxzFZC51vFVwf-ojlmROsi1d914bnBUwweyQJ_BH0v66e7wLw7gWXH9DWyEoq_tQrOgvtzr0RKvOGS8GS5p-XrGfLTqOBCx5M8TduQke-0A2DlGPRxK_urmafTXSNijYap1P7d2MRt1yrChH_mkL1C3t7p_0T2NisHNAkvJMvX3N8XpVhKgVLN5KfvNtI_dZMfR0NS9YXleqQkDDUm8iDqbOHD3Jr29fTRFb5t3akygg"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(10) "/register/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I'll look into it as soon as I can. Might be a couple of days though as I have a few things going on at the moment taking up my time.

Ok so i figured out my SMTP issues and everything is working now, although 2 times when testing the first code sent did not register as a valid code. I re clicked register and re sent the email, the second code goes through. This could however detour registrants

That’s odd. But I’m not able to replicate that, so it is going to be just about impossible to track down.

nothing in the logs either, server or xen. I guess I'll wait and see if it is effecting users and go from there, to me it's not worth disabling because I know how effective of a spam prevention this is compared to any "stop spam" product lol

That email issue had NO RELATION what so ever with this product by the way. It was godaddy.

This is interesting! Would it be possible to make it so when the user clicks their verification code email link it prefills the registration form with their verification code? To save them the trouble of having to copy and paste?

Thanks,
Ray

@Ozzy47 how long are the verification codes valid for, please?

This is interesting! Would it be possible to make it so when the user clicks their verification code email link it prefills the registration form with their verification code? To save them the trouble of having to copy and paste?

Thanks,
Ray
It already does when clicking "Click here to continue registration" (y)

Last edited:
Initial testing of the plugin users are reporting the message alert letting you know to check your email is a little quick.

Last edited:
1628833712163.webp
I get this error even the verification code is correct.
What is meantwith ""Pleaser enter a valid email"?
The member cannot enter any mail at this point anyway

1628833743939.webp

Your site is telling me that I am banned for spamming. lol
Why don't you make the addon available here?

Downloaded, great addon.
Please can you give the option to only register after clicking the verification link?
ie, if user add email and click verify message will pop up and tell the user to check their email to complete registration.

Top Bottom