[OzzModz] Verification Badge

[OzzModz] Verification Badge [Paid] 2.2.6

No permission to buy ($20.00)
Own this addon and don’t feel like it’s needed. (more alerts, I’m referring to)
This is a great addon overall but being alerted when someone makes a request is basic functionality, as is the case with every post, report, like, message, etc on an active site.

For now I'm just not enabling the request feature and will ask users who wish to be verified to simply drop staff a message.

This is an excellent add-on, which is really not surprising when you see @Ozzy47 involved in something. Every add-on made or taken over tends to be a 5 star deal.

However, to be honest, there are just a minor handful that are not user friendly for the end users or the admins - a very few, but it still exists. For the most part, it's a matter of perception and likely your user base.

When it comes to the verification badge the lack of a moderation notice is off putting to me, as well, even though I use the add-on because as said earlier: i love it. If you're working with a busy community, it's really hard to find the time to remember "Oh let me click this out of the way location and see if anyone asked to be verified!" You would expect to see it, like any other notice that needs intervention, to appear in the admin bar.

I'm no programmer, so I have no idea how hard that would be to accomplish and I am pretty sure that with the large portfolio, ongoing projects and perhaps new projects on the horizon that @Ozzy47 is very busy and time is an asset we never have enough of.

Not that this will drive his desire or intention to add the feature to the add-on, but we're talking about someone's time maybe a small donation or something to account for a few hours (?) of code change is warranted? I mean the add-on was only $20.00, it's not like Ozzy is racking us through the coals with the costs of his add-ons. What I would say and again this is only my opinion which likely is not worth a lot, but I wouldn't like someone coming at me in the way some of these posts seem to be directed. It's easy to say what we'd LIKE to see in an add-on, but when we're not the one programming it -- maybe be kind to the person that is?

So before I get hardcore flamed 🔥 for this post.... I hope everyone has a safe, enjoyable Holiday Season and New Year filled with new adventures, success and good health.

This is an excellent add-on, which is really not surprising when you see @Ozzy47 involved in something. Every add-on made or taken over tends to be a 5 star deal.

However, to be honest, there are just a minor handful that are not user friendly for the end users or the admins - a very few, but it still exists. For the most part, it's a matter of perception and likely your user base.

When it comes to the verification badge the lack of a moderation notice is off putting to me, as well, even though I use the add-on because as said earlier: i love it. If you're working with a busy community, it's really hard to find the time to remember "Oh let me click this out of the way location and see if anyone asked to be verified!" You would expect to see it, like any other notice that needs intervention, to appear in the admin bar.

I'm no programmer, so I have no idea how hard that would be to accomplish and I am pretty sure that with the large portfolio, ongoing projects and perhaps new projects on the horizon that @Ozzy47 is very busy and time is an asset we never have enough of.

Not that this will drive his desire or intention to add the feature to the add-on, but we're talking about someone's time maybe a small donation or something to account for a few hours (?) of code change is warranted? I mean the add-on was only $20.00, it's not like Ozzy is racking us through the coals with the costs of his add-ons. What I would say and again this is only my opinion which likely is not worth a lot, but I wouldn't like someone coming at me in the way some of these posts seem to be directed. It's easy to say what we'd LIKE to see in an add-on, but when we're not the one programming it -- maybe be kind to the person that is?

So before I get hardcore flamed 🔥 for this post.... I hope everyone has a safe, enjoyable Holiday Season and New Year filled with new adventures, success and good health.
It appears that this mod was either inherited or taken over by Ozzy? I agree he does excellent work and I have a few of his mods, this is not intended to put him down either. When we look at other modifications from him they include this functionality typically which is why I was surprised this one didn't is all.

Again though, not a big deal as I'll just have users manually message me and then I'll be notified. IMO this is still worth the money overall.

Hey @Ozzy47, is there a possibility that you can add a functionality to have, just like Twitter, different categories of verifications?

for Example;
you add a new verification category, add a custom color to the icon, and custom name? Similar to Twitter‘s new verification system with Twitter Blue, Governments and a custom badge for companies.

either you can add this functionality, or I’d be happy to pay for this custom request. If you’re open for this request, please pm me!

Interested in buying, is it possible to add more fields on the request page? Instead of just a message, perhaps a field for Name, Date of birth etc?

Purchased, seems to work great.

My suggestion for options:
  • Allow to edit the colour of the icon
  • Allow to edit the default hover text if a user doesn't have a custom text assigned.

Allow to edit the colour of the icon
We just use our own design, easier to customize the way we'd like. I can't recall if you can set custom colors through css or extra.less, or not.
Allow to edit the default hover text if a user doesn't have a custom text assigned.
Not sure what you mean here - you can set the custom text when you verify someone. I don't think it's necessary to have a default text and actually, in some cases, I'd prefer it not show anything for certain cases/users.
Also, be able to search members by if their verified or not
There's a verified members page > yourdomain.com/verified
We also assign verified members to a special usergroup, which is also useful for searching, but is really more for special permissions.

Can this be used to auto move user to another user group when verification request is accepted?

It would be nice if you can add the ability to recommend users for verification as well not just for self request. Willing to make a thank you contribution for this request.

Thanks in advance.

If necessary, and @Ozzy47 would consider it, I would pay a reasonable rate to have the verification badge requests go to the moderators queue. Not to bring up a long past discussion, but it just... if you're busy and your team is busy, things can get overlooked :(

1707238157354.webp

Top Bottom