[OzzModz] Thread Type Rating Competition

[OzzModz] Thread Type Rating Competition [Paid] 2.0.2

No permission to buy ($10.00)

Ozzy47

Ozzy47 submitted a new resource:

[OzzModz] Thread Type Competition - Adds new thread type for competitions with 10-point scale post rates

Requirements:
XenForo 2.2.0+

Adds new thread type for competitions with 10-point scale post rates

Features:
  • New forum & thread type with post rating support by 10-point scale
  • General discussion forum type support
  • Sort posts by average rating score
  • Node-specific permissions to rate & view post ratings
  • Thread option to set winners count
  • Thread option to sort posts by rating score by default
  • Thread option for public display of post ratings
  • Thread...

Read more about this resource...

This is great, just the thing I am looking for!
Two questions:
How is the ranking defined if people have the same amount of points? Will there be 2 winners and then 2nd and 3rd place displayed?
Can people publish their competition post let`s say for a week or so and we start the possibility to vote at the end of that week, when all postings are collected? Would be fair to wait for all contributions so that the early bird doesn`t catch the worm :)

Hi thank you for adding this. I’m not sure exactly how this works. Would you mind posting an example use case for this add on?

How is the ranking defined if people have the same amount of points? Will there be 2 winners and then 2nd and 3rd place displayed?
Posts are also sorted by date, so if the vote score is the same, the winner will be the one who posted first.

Can people publish their competition post let`s say for a week or so and we start the possibility to vote at the end of that week, when all postings are collected? Would be fair to wait for all contributions so that the early bird doesn`t catch the worm :)
The current version doesn't have this feature, but it should be easy to add. I'll take a look at this in my spare time.

Would you mind posting an example use case for this add on?
The post above describes one of the use cases
In short - this can help run contests with voting (by jury users with vote permission) per post

Would you mind posting an example use case for this add on?
I will use it for a weekly photocompetition. Each user is allowed to post one photo per week. After that we start the voting for 2 days.
The weekly winner, runnerup and 3rd place will automatically take place in the vote for "photo of the month", their winner in the "photo of the year" respectively.
We did this for a long time by poll where each user could cast 3 votes. To give a rating from 1 to 10 for each entry is much better as it provides a more finetuned vote and better results.

I will use it for a weekly photocompetition. Each user is allowed to post one photo per week. After that we start the voting for 2 days.
The weekly winner, runnerup and 3rd place will automatically take place in the vote for "photo of the month", their winner in the "photo of the year" respectively.
We did this for a long time by poll where each user could cast 3 votes. To give a rating from 1 to 10 for each entry is much better as it provides a more finetuned vote and better results.
So you will have a forum where your users will make a post with their photo for a week. Then you close the forum and a user group will vote on each post.

The system will then rank the posts and lost them starting with first place on top?

So you will have a forum where your users will make a post with their photo for a week. Then you close the forum and a user group will vote on each post.

The system will then rank the posts and lost them starting with first place on top?

I will have a forum labelled as competition type (as in screenshot #1 in the ressource overview). Then I start a thread for "photo of the week #48), explain the rules and dates. Each user can contribute by writing one post in this thread. After a week I start the voting (as soon as painbaker has some spare time to include that option :)). The plugin will announce the winner automatically.
Next week I start the next thread "photo of the week #49", same procedure as last week and so on.

If closing the thread is possible: great. If not, we will moderate manually so that additional entries after the vote has started will be deleted.
btw: this would be one more advantage of the tool. If you start polls, you cannot close the thread. Voting on a poll is only possible if the thread is open.

Now I want to see if I can get a linked add-on to go with the Album mirroring add-on 🙃.

Sadly, for the contests I run I do not trust my members as they have literally tried to rig things in the past, and bullied entrants because they thought I'd give a damn what they thought 🙄.

Now I want to see if I can get a linked add-on to go with the Album mirroring add-on 🙃.
Not sure if I get this right. Users can embed photos from the media gallery, include a photo as attachment or even link from flickr etc or your own webspace into a posting (depends on what you allow them to do).

What is your board about? Mine is a photo community, so there is a lot of knowledge about photography, copyright, publishing etc around. If sb would try to rig things, there are a lot of users curious enough to look up EXIFs and meta data of each contribution and sound the alarm if they think sb is manipulating. The imagery of most users has kind of a "signature". If something there is out of the ordinary, it would stand out.

Besides, the only prize is glory and honor ;) The winner will be featured on the portal side, that`s it. The winner of the year will get a prize, e.g. a high quality print of his winning image.

About bullying: you try, you fly. No compromises there in our community.

It lets you link an album to a thread and mirror the attachments to the album, so for art competitions it's useful to contain everything all in one place, and gives more use to the media gallery.

Can this be linked to the trophy system or the OzzModz Badges add-on? I'm trying to give the winner something to show off in the forum.

This isn't working for me. Competition is underway, the thread says voting but you don't have the option to vote on the posts. It just shows zero.

I've double checked permissions and they are correct.

This isn't working for me. Competition is underway, the thread says voting but you don't have the option to vote on the posts. It just shows zero.

I've double checked permissions and they are correct.

I’ve answered on my site. I’m not showing you owning a license to the addon?

A few questions. Monthly photo competition with voting.

1) Can admin see who has voted for who? (To check members didn't vote for themselves).
2) Can members see who has voted for who - and can this be turned on and off?
3) If it sets it up as a separate thread for the competition, can you choose which node that is in and will the thread remain after voting has ended?
4) Presumably you end the competition manually - will the results still show or disappear?
5) Can admin remove a vote if necessary?

Thanks

Top Bottom