OzzModz / Snog’s Addon Development Services

WARNING: I do not recommend working with this team of developers.
Upon paying for some minor custom development work, we received note that our custom add-on was released publicly to everyone via the same developers who created our custom solution. This was NOT covered in our original agreements and is nowhere posted by the two individuals who completed this work. When I asked about this, they stated that this was in their original advertised work descriptions, unless we paid for exclusivity earlier on. This was not described in their thread posts or between us (the client) before the work was completed and the deliverable was provided.

After waiting more than a month, it's not worth my exclusivity anymore as the source is now plastered across the internet on various illegal websites. What a waste of private development work.
If you're looking for someone to develop your services who can keep your projects private, I'd recommend steering away from this service.
We were deceived from the developers, and I will never be working with @Ozzy47 or @Painbaker again in the future. Stay away from them!

By the way, I’ve just sent back your $40 donation from July 26th. We never charged you for the development, you donated what you wanted for the addon, because it wasn’t worth charging for.

I can say that when one company dropped from developing for Xenforo, my website was left in a complete shambles because we had an add-on with 17,000+ comments that just disappeared! Ozzy and company worked their magic and got the add-on compliant with the then current version of Xenforo. Wizards..............he truly is the Wizard of Ozzy. :) So in my experience, 10 out of 10.

I can say that when one company dropped from developing for Xenforo, my website was left in a complete shambles because we had an add-on with 17,000+ comments that just disappeared! Ozzy and company worked their magic and got the add-on compliant with the then current version of Xenforo. Wizards..............he truly is the Wizard of Ozzy. :) So in my experience, 10 out of 10.
That was quite the adventure we had starting back in April, it's funny to realize it's been six months already. You were good to work with. Appreciate your patience.

By the way, I’ve just sent back your $40 donation from July 26th. We never charged you for the development, you donated what you wanted for the addon, because it wasn’t worth charging for.
I won't repost what I've said already in your developmental partners thread. However, I think it's safe to say that this exclusivity information would've been great to know beforehand. I'm surprised you said it's disclaimed, however it is not within your thread information.

I won't repost what I've said already in your developmental partners thread. However, I think it's safe to say that this exclusivity information would've been great to know beforehand. I'm surprised you said it's disclaimed, however it is not within your thread information.
How are you harmed in any way? You got your product and your 40 bucks back.

How are you harmed in any way? You got your product and your 40 bucks back.
It's great to learn this information just a moment ago.
My problem was the complete confusion between what was specifically said about their exclusivity and what happened with the project I requested. Paid, a month later it's available for public download, with no notification or explanation about this being "standard" for their services.
I don't want to continue communicating about something that was resolved, in a sense. That is my honest review about my experiences with them as team.

It's great to learn this information just a moment ago.
My problem was the complete confusion between what was specifically said about their exclusivity and what happened with the project I requested. Paid, a month later it's available for public download, with no notification or explanation about this being "standard" for their services.
I don't want to continue communicating about something that was resolved, in a sense. That is my honest review about my experiences with them as team.
How were you harmed? Please explain.

You got a free product and your donation was returned.

I'm surprised you said it's disclaimed, however it is not within your thread information.

I never said it’s disclaimed. I said:

There was never exclusivity discussed. All addons we do for customers are made public unless paid for exclusive use.

This was after you questioned the addon being released publicly, which you didn’t actually pay for, we allowed you to donate any amount as it was as simple addon to do.

This addon was too easy so any donation:

The addon was written and in your hand in less that 24 hrs, and this was without any monetary or exclusion agreement. We do this often when people request addons that are to easy to code, instead of taking advantage of people and taking money from them for nothing.

It’s all good though, in the future we will make sure everything is discussed before delivering a free product to someone.

Last edited:
Bump.

There were quite a lot of new useful addons added recently. Much appreciated. Most of them for free, too!

@Forsaken
Please, if you have money to spare, we got many administrating/configuration type of addons already. Please focus on content creation and delivery, that area is lacking in XF the most. Thanks :D.

Bump.

There were quite a lot of new useful addons added recently. Much appreciated. Most of them for free, too!

@Forsaken
Please, if you have money to spare, we got many administrating/configuration type of addons already. Please focus on content creation and delivery, that area is lacking in XF the most. Thanks :D.
Content fragmentation irritates me too much to want to add more content types to my sites, so that is unlikely.

Most of the add-ons I am funding are either to automate tasks I need to do frequently, or to reward activity on sites and setup a gamification loop for my hostages users.

Content fragmentation irritates me too much to want to add more content types to my sites, so that is unlikely.
Not fragmentation. I get what you say and that is why the MG of XF never flourishes. It is just too decoupled from the main content (threads).

I was talking about thread focused content creation and delivery. Tools to use inside thread creation process.

Examples:

Or a Wiki system... :D but that would be too big to hope for. And then for content delivery pretty much what reddit is doing is great. If we could have that.

Most of the add-ons I am funding are either to automate tasks I need to do frequently, or to reward activity on sites and setup a gamification loop for my hostages users.
For mass uploading stuff (images, threads) there are still no tools. Hopefully one day.

About rewarding activity and gamification, well I really would like to see a tutorial from you about that. That direction is the way to go but sadly I don't know how to tackle this. You seem to be successful. The badges addon is one great thing I use right now but other than that nothing.

PS: You may ask why am I bothering you with this :D. Well a lot of those addons published were originally made for you. So I thought I give it a shot for the benefit of all of us. Thanks for responding.

I have tried to send a custom development request this week and the developer is forcing me to give the full rights of my add-on to them to add any new features without other options. I am on low income not making tons of money so I needed to found a way to make some money!

Unfortunately the developer doesn’t have another option so I can still keep the rights I am willing to pay extra as I told the developer but developers still not willing.

Unfortunately I wouldn’t recommend hiring @Ozzy47 and @Painbaker for adding new features and big changes to your main add-on unless you wanted to give them your add-on to them? But I would recommend hiring them just for fixing the add-on!

Perhaps you should have had the original developer write the addon with proper code instead of extremely poor quality code. Then it would not be so hard to work with. As it was, there were more problems with the addon than their were lines of code.

If Painbaker does not want to do work and not retain rights to it, that’s his decision and I stand behind it 100%

If Painbaker does not want to do work and not retain rights to it, that’s his decision and I stand behind it 100%
That’s fine but he shouldn’t be forcing me to give the full rights of the plug-in to you if I don’t wanted too

You said it's fine but in the same sentence say it's not fine?
yes I already know but I did hire @Ozzy47 and @Painbaker for some other custom development add-on and he is not letting me keep the rights of the plug-in that’s a while ago

But anyway I am ok with him reject my add-on but I am not ok giving him the full rights of any of my plug-in that’s I have funded for my site

Top Bottom