[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools [Deleted]

This add-on was cursed with Nulumia it doesn't seem to have a better future with you...
I am in the same situation (paid for this back in early 2022) as you but cannot agree with thet attitude.

Maybe it was cursed with Numulia, but I think we should all be grateful that Ozzy has rescued it and given it a very positive future. It can't be easy taking something over and repairing it.

I was extremely unhappy to feel I had paid for something in good faith only for it to then be abandoned by the Developer. I have had no use out of it at all, because although you can risk some other addons in beta on a live site, I would never do that with an SEO addon which can actually cause harm to the SEO of the site.

Although a refund from Nulumia would have been appropriate, I have to be stoic and just accept my losses. I would never expect a refund from Ozzy it what happened before is not his business, his intentions were and are noble IMO.

I think my only gripe now is that the situation is far from clear for those who did buy it pre Ozzy. I just have to accept that as my licence expires soon, I think it seems I will need to buy it again (the advantage with Ozzy being it is a one-off payment). I think it would be good if the addon resource page explained this.

But I have a big problem with the Nulumia page and this is the confusing thing. It seems to be for the exact same addon, But says:

nulumia-xenforo-seo-tools-indexing-addon-720_06.jpg

So it seems it is still a subscription.

But then it also says

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 09.07.55.png

So I don't really know what I'm supposed to do as I would like to use this as soon as it is stable release.

I'm hoping I can just purchase a one-off licence from Ozzy and move on, accepting I made a loss dealing with Nulumia but that kind of thing happens in life, no point in getting upset about it.

And again, thanks Ozzy for rescuing this.

I am in the same situation (paid for this back in early 2022) as you but cannot agree with thet attitude.

Maybe it was cursed with Numulia, but I think we should all be grateful that Ozzy has rescued it and given it a very positive future. It can't be easy taking something over and repairing it.

I was extremely unhappy to feel I had paid for something in good faith only for it to then be abandoned by the Developer. I have had no use out of it at all, because although you can risk some other addons in beta on a live site, I would never do that with an SEO addon which can actually cause harm to the SEO of the site.

Although a refund from Nulumia would have been appropriate, I have to be stoic and just accept my losses. I would never expect a refund from Ozzy it what happened before is not his business, his intentions were and are noble IMO.

I think my only gripe now is that the situation is far from clear for those who did buy it pre Ozzy. I just have to accept that as my licence expires soon, I think it seems I will need to buy it again (the advantage with Ozzy being it is a one-off payment). I think it would be good if the addon resource page explained this.

But I have a big problem with the Nulumia page and this is the confusing thing. It seems to be for the exact same addon, But says:

View attachment 280361

So it seems it is still a subscription.

But then it also says

View attachment 280362

So I don't really know what I'm supposed to do as I would like to use this as soon as it is stable release.

I'm hoping I can just purchase a one-off licence from Ozzy and move on, accepting I made a loss dealing with Nulumia but that kind of thing happens in life, no point in getting upset about it.

Nulumia is the one still primarily developing and maintaining this add-on. As I had said before, I don't think he ever willingly abandoned the add-on, I do believe he just got extremely overwhelmed by taking on such a (unexpectedly) large add-on and underestimating the issues and true scope. Feature creep/scope creep is quite common in development, especially if you get overly excited and take on more than you can chew at the appropriate time. It is why the best project managers are pessimists and are emotionally dead inside 🙃.

Regarding the license, once the license expires you will renew a lifetime license with Ozzy, which is around the same price as a renewal would have been I believe.

Feature creep/scope creep is quite common in development,
Which is why I posted a couple of times suggesting either to not get sidetracked by attempting to make it compatible out of the box with 3rd party addons that are likely to conflict, or else have a lite (and easily stable) version that is basic and then think about something more heavyweight for those that want it to the other addons from Bob etc.

Regarding the license, once the license expires you will renew a lifetime license with Ozzy, which is around the same price as a renewal would have been I believe.
Yes and that seems a good thing and as I said we just have to accept the loss of the first year payment. (albeit at a discount)

Last edited:
But it is also an add-on still in development and should never have been used on a live site 🙃.
That is exactly the problem ! My license expires in a few days and I would never have had the opportunity to use this add-on!!
At the time I played the game and I've reported a multitude of bugs, even since Ozzy took over and with what result? Nothing... If I want to use this add-on in the future I will have to pay again.
The Social Group add-on was one that Ozzy took over by someone who left the scene; it was so it was not abandoned. At least as far as I know, a lot of Snogs add-ons suffer from issues that really require re-working the whole add-on, which is a massive undertaking.
And so why continue to sell buggy add-ons? Social groups I would not have bought it if I had known that the calendar for example does not work correctly... But is it indicated somewhere? No. Nowhere. I bought it, tested it for 1 month then uninstalled it for good... What a great purchase I made! Did I request a refund? No.

Ozzy is a great guy. Known him for probably over a decade.
If you buy a car that still doesn't work after a year, does it make you feel better if the owner of the garage is a nice guy who barbecues sausages on the weekend?
I'm not really sure what your problem is dude.
If you don't understand my problem then drop this thread.

Yes, you’ll purchase a lifetime license from me on my site, not on Nulumia’s site.

That is exactly the problem ! My license expires in a few days and I would never have had the opportunity to use this add-on!!
At the time I played the game and I've reported a multitude of bugs, even since Ozzy took over and with what result? Nothing... If I want to use this add-on in the future I will have to pay again.

And so why continue to sell buggy add-ons? Social groups I would not have bought it if I had known that the calendar for example does not work correctly... But is it indicated somewhere? No. Nowhere. I bought it, tested it for 1 month then uninstalled it for good... What a great purchase I made! Did I request a refund? No.

If you buy a car that still doesn't work after a year, does it make you feel better if the owner of the garage is a nice guy who barbecues sausages on the weekend?

If you don't understand my problem then drop this thread.

Again, this add-on should not be used on a live site. That in and of itself is a mistake for any add-on that is in development, even a release candidate. Just like with games or software, you do not buy it until it is fully released unless you're willing to take a risk.

You say there has been no result since he took over... But... There have been 4 major updates in a month time frame. There has not been an update since due to Christmas and New Years, and they are likely having to organize and prioritize the current bugs. I do not know how they are managing their project, or how many bugs have been reported (I do not use this on a live site 🙃). I'd estimate there have been 50+ bugs fixed in the last 4 updates easily, and that is being conservative as they are not detailed about bugs and group some together.

No code is ever bug free, even by the best developers. As far as why it's still being sold with whatever issues it has, that's something to ask @Ozzy47 about in that thread. What you're asking to have happen though is for the add-on to be dropped rather than fixed as there is time for it, which seems the arguably worse course of action? I do not know whether that add-on is actively developed any longer, or whether they are working on a long-term rewrite of it or not (which is what I have been told is needed).

There is a difference between having expectations of support and updates (not necessarily feature updates) and having an attitude and being entitled; many people here (even myself sometimes 🙃) tend to lean towards the latter. It is very rare that @Ozzy47 and his team do not update and fix add-ons long term, however it's very clear they have stretched themselves thin with the sheer number of large add-ons being offered and all they can do is fix things as they can based on priority, and try to hire more developers (which is easier said than done).

Again, this add-on should not be used on a live site. That in and of itself is a mistake for any add-on that is in development, even a release candidate. Just like with games or software, you do not buy it until it is fully released unless you're willing to take a risk.

You say there has been no result since he took over... But... There have been 4 major updates in a month time frame. There has not been an update since due to Christmas and New Years, and they are likely having to organize and prioritize the current bugs. I do not know how they are managing their project, or how many bugs have been reported (I do not use this on a live site 🙃). I'd estimate there have been 50+ bugs fixed in the last 4 updates easily, and that is being conservative as they are not detailed about bugs and group some together.

No code is ever bug free, even by the best developers. As far as why it's still being sold with whatever issues it has, that's something to ask @Ozzy47 about in that thread. What you're asking to have happen though is for the add-on to be dropped rather than fixed as there is time for it, which seems the arguably worse course of action? I do not know whether that add-on is actively developed any longer, or whether they are working on a long-term rewrite of it or not (which is what I have been told is needed).

There is a difference between having expectations of support and updates (not necessarily feature updates) and having an attitude and being entitled; many people here (even myself sometimes 🙃) tend to lean towards the latter. It is very rare that @Ozzy47 and his team do not update and fix add-ons long term, however it's very clear they have stretched themselves thin with the sheer number of large add-ons being offered and all they can do is fix things as they can based on priority, and try to hire more developers (which is easier said than done).
Sorry, im a little confused. I do not own this addon but I am considering buying this.

This addon has been for sale for a year and "should not be used on a live site"? Is there a notice on the description page anywhere?
Isn't this a bait and switch? BUY something that's not intended to be used in production?

1) it’s in release candidate stage, so caution should be taken when using on a live site.

2) it’s not a bait and switch, the price is for a lifetime license, not monthly/yearly.

3) there was a notice on the description page when the addon was in beta stage, it was removed when the addon got to RC stage.

I can see both sides to this argument.

If you buy a company and their existing customers have been treated badly, that problem does not go away just because there is a new owner.

On the flip side, we don't know what the deal is between the original owner and Ozzy, who has stepped in to try and get an otherwise problematic addon released as stable. The life time fee is more than generous and I can see the argument that the product was bought "as-is" in its beta state.

I don't think anybody envisaged this product taking 12+ months to advance as much as it has. Maybe it is naivety on our parts, maybe naivety of the original developer.

If you bought the SEO from Nulumia and Ozzy had not stepped in you would simply have a half-functioning app till Xenforo changed something, then worthless code.
@Ozzy47 took it over and we were able to see the app actually working within like a month. Ozzy gave us 3 or 4 very good updates AND allowed those of us who had bought from Nulumia access to the updates. No reason why he HAD to do that, he could have said that if you want it you have to buy it from me at full price. Once my year is up I will purchase it from @Ozzy47, it will more than pay for itself after the second year since it is a lifetime license.
I had a theme I really loved from Nulumia but it has not been updated in well over a year...

If you bought the SEO from Nulumia and Ozzy had not stepped in you would simply have a half-functioning app...
And would probably have succeeded in a chargeback claim because we bought something that was not "fit for purpose."

And I agree it's good that Ozzy stepped in. Just sad for the early adopters who took the gamble.

Last edited:
Guys... don't get me wrong... I love what @Ozzy47 brought and did so far with the add-on, I'm sure his team do the best to make it... But at least my frustration is that it take too long between the updates. I have the add-on from the time when it was release on Nulumia page, even if it was labelled "should not be used on a live site". I love it and I think will do something in future, but to keep it under candidate release for ages... and getting the "we will look on it" when it comes to errors.... well I suppose you look on it... what's the result/solve of that?

You have to remember, that an addon of this magnitude, and what it actually does is touchy. Any little adjustment can be harmful to your SEO, so that’s why there is extended periods of time between releases.

Sorry, im a little confused. I do not own this addon but I am considering buying this.

This addon has been for sale for a year and "should not be used on a live site"? Is there a notice on the description page anywhere?
Isn't this a bait and switch? BUY something that's not intended to be used in production?

What's the point to get it if "should not be used on a live site"?

It isn't a bait and switch, as @Nulumia did not intend for this add-on to be in development for so long. The issue is that it was underestimated.

It is a general rule that you do not install software that is in development unless you are able to take the risk or troubleshoot it yourself. If you are able to, it is fine to ignore it... But the fact that more than a few people who have had issues did not even take backups prior to installing is very telling in their ability to troubleshoot the issues that come up.

SEO is only important if you can keep your site running properly.

I do not run any in-development software on my live site unless I've vetted it on a test install, and have taken thorough backups and steps to ensure there are no issues. With an add-on like this it is not worth taking that risk as the impact will be negligible and it can wait until it's fully released 🤷‍♂️.

:eek:

General rule? Why it is for sale if the "general rule" say that you don't must have to use on online forum? Because it's a MUST if the general use said that!
If you're going to purposely miss the point, I won't bother paying attention to you 🙃.

As an example, my forum brings in a large number of transactions on the weekend. If I had installed this add-on, even with backups and the ability to troubleshoot or rollback, I would have lost revenue and damaged my members opinions for how the forum is managed, potentially making them doubt spending money. Is installing an add-on in development worth that?

For another site, which is a big board, rolling back data is not easy and can take quite a while to do. Taking that site down for maintenance because we jumped the gun on installing an add-on is also not worth the potential risk.

Top Bottom