[OzzModz] Scheduled Content

[OzzModz] Scheduled Content 2.1.2 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
Feature suggestions:
  1. Move thread when published. It is difficult to wade through several dozen scheduled posts (I'm doing two per week up through early June so far, which I authored in January, but will be finishing out the series which will extend well into 2024) in the forum in which they are posted. I use a staging forum where I can compose, edit and otherwise work on them so the destination forum doesn't continually show that there are new threads. But I then have to move all of those over to the destination forum, and if they are recently authored (I can knock off a dozen in a day), the scheduled threads dominate the content and push current activity down by a few pages. Being able to hold the articles in a staff-only forum, then move them when scheduled, would be a nice feature.

2. Stick the thread when published. If I author all of the articles with "Stick Thread" enabled, that gives me pages of sticky threads to wade through. Although if they are sticky in a staff-only area before being moved, that would make this feature somewhat irrelevant.
The main thing for me is decluttering a forum of dozens of unpublished articles.

Hi, we are having an issue with alerts. If someone schedules content, no alerts go out when that content is pushed live. Would it be possible to look into enabling this? We have many users complaining that they are sometimes not getting alerts, and it's often popular, high profile posts that get scheduled, making it more of an issue that they aren't notified.
Wanted to check in on this and ask if it is verified by others, and if we might see a fix to eventually be put in place? We are considering disabling the addon due to this notification bug, if there is no intention to fix any time soon. Obviously the decision to patch and the timeframe is up to the developer and we have no expectation for guaranteed support, but it would be nice to know if it's at least on the radar or not.

When scheduling a mass conversation via the ACP I only see the option to pick a date. Is there a way to also pick the time?

Thank you.

I would check if it's due by a conflict with some other add-on, unless you have this option unchecked:

Thank you and now I see it and feel like an idiot!

But new problem. It's not respecting the time i choose and is sending automatically. We're also using another scheduling add on and I'm wondering if there is a conflict there.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 11-38-44 Message users REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum -...webp

Untitled-16.webp

and feel like an idiot!
😂
It's not respecting the time i choose and is sending automatically. We're also using another scheduling add on and I'm wondering if there is a conflict there.
Not sure that I got this one, but it might be a conflict as you are saying, if you're using another similar plugin.

If you have the chance to, I would make a clone of the site and test it after disabling the other plug-in (if you can't disable it on the live site).

Any other possibility is unfortunately beyond my skills, but if it's not that, hopefully Ozzy or Painbaker might help further 🤷‍♂️

@Ozzy47 @Painbaker The below bolded / underlined part of the add-on does not seem to be working...

• Conversations & conversation messages (support for mass conversations with the users in ACP)

I would love to be able to use that part of the add-on.

I think it would be nice if the "last edited" timestamp gets cleared when the scheduled post gets posted. As is, if you schedule for tomorrow, then edit it, when it gets posted it will say "posted today, last edited yesterday".

Another "bug":

When logged in as the scheduled author, or when logged out, it will show the avatar of the scheduled author and link to the scheduled post:
TS and last post.webp

It's 06:55 right now, and those 4:21 and 6:39 posts are scheduled for 07:14 or later.

When you click on them there's an error:
err.webp

It happens both on the "latest posts" widget and on the main forum page.

So it's not a good idea to be using this until this gets fixed since visitors are going to be getting broken links.

As the author who scheduled the comments, I see different timestamps when I'm logged in:
ts author.webp

The admin sees those timestamps as well. I have no idea what the 4:21 and 6:39 timestamps are. None of the posts in those threads have those timestamps. The 3:39 and 1:21 are the correct timestamps of the scheduled comments.

since the update to 2.2.15 a couple of days ago I get a lot of errors in the errorlog a bunch of which seem possibly to be tied to the scheduled content plugin.

Example:

Server error log
  • InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'is_scheduled' on XF:Thread[1475]
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:213
Code:
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(125): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('is_scheduled')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s2/public/thread_list_macros.php(144): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('is_scheduled')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(991): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(927): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('statuses', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s2/public/thread_list_macros.php(255): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('statuses', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(991): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(927): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('main_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s2/public/thread_list_macros.php(527): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('main_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(828): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#9 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s2/public/widget_new_posts.php(26): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thread_list_mac...', 'item', Array, Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1655): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#11 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(62): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('widget_new_post...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(67): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->render()
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1940): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->__toString()
#14 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s2/public/whats_new.php(16): XF\Template\Templater->widgetPosition('whats_new_overv...', Array)
#15 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1655): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#16 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('whats_new', Array)
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:WhatsNew\\Ove...', 'public:whats_ne...', Array)
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#22 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#23 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#24 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#25 {main}

Code:
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(11) "/whats-new/"
  ["referrer"] => string(65) "https://[myforum]/threads/[Threadname]/?post=[PostID]"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Could you validate if that is connected to the plugin or rather to something else?

Top Bottom