[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
This plugin seems more about stopping bots while Xon's seems more about stopping human users breaking rules. Both affect the registration process, so I wondering if they might conflict.
If they do we'll work it out. Had to do that once before.

The log links aren't in the ACP. They are in your main forum top nav bar. I'd post a screenshot, but I'm on the road.
Sorry, I feel like a dummy. I installed the addon, and gave my admin group the permissions to view:
1677081170575.webp
... but I still can't find any way to access the log. It's not showing up in my forum top nav bar or anywhere else. Is there a direct default link that I can access, like www.myforum.com/spaminatorlog or similar?

Thanks!

Make sure the navigation link is enabled, setup - public navigation.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I just checked and see this:
1677084908594.webp

Isn't there a standardized direct link structure to this so I can just navigate to it by typing in the URL like mysite.com/spaminatior ???

Also, shouldn't it show in this list?
1677084997391.webp

Is it just that there's no data yet?

One question:

I have now more than 80,000 entries in my Spaminator log since purchasing this add-on quite some time back. Definitely they are accelerating, from perhaps 1-3 per hour to 10 or 20 per hour over the past couple of years.

My questions is this: do the Spaminator Log entries significantly cause the forum database to grow in size?

Is there a way that "old" Spaminator Log entries can be deleted to reduce space used?

I'd also like to request a cron job or something be added to clean out old Spaminator logs.

We get maybe 15-20 entries an hour ourselves, and are up to entry number 103155. I just checked the database and the Spaminator log table is 64.6 MB. Not massive compared to other tables in our database, but it is mostly wasted space.

Our log is lagging so bad now. We have to refresh the page a couple of times to see the log but it only like display the first 10 and other are just blinking.

We notice that the date column are showing all N/A on it.

We did download the latest tonight which is 2.1.1 and it made no difference.

What should we do to troubleshoot this issue with log?

Our log is lagging so bad now. We have to refresh the page a couple of times to see the log but it only like display the first 10 and other are just blinking.

We are getting hits with spam bad for last 3 days so hopefully we get this resolved soon! It's posting thousands of posts in a day.

Today, it's finally showing date and time! Maybe updating it to 2.1.1 fixes it ... it seem to display the whole log without the browser refresh issue now.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 8.28.31 AM.jpg

This is one of the most useful resources available. Even though you can't join my site anymore without a registration code I've still got this running and still get the data from blocked attempts and currently between 15 and 30 spammers are getting caught each day.

It should be a no-brainer for anyone looking to prevent an influx of spammers to their site.

Today, those spammer came back and it's making about 75 new post per hour on our forum. The log showing that it stopped a few but not a whole lot. We are getting an average of 6 new users per hour.

Did someone managed to write a bot to defeat Spaminator?

Not that I know of. I’m willing to bet it’s human created accounts then handed off to a bot.
It's not ... it all airline ticket spam and it create the account then verify and post all in less a minute .. I think those hidden input or form isn't fooling bots anymore .. bots probably coded to ignore those now and don't input or tick those boxes

Many thanks to @Max Taxable and @Ozzy47 !

I offered them access to my Xenforo for the past few days and they were able to show me that the spammers who managed to get on and spam my forums are humans registering then handing off to bots to spam on our forums. They also were able to collect some data that helped me better understand how spammers are able to get on my forum. They were able to help me at least reduce a large amount of spams.

I added Geoblock registration which did help somewhat but many of thee humans spammer were using VPN services in USA to register an account then use bot from their countries to spam heavily on my forum. Only sure thing would be is to force all new registerer into moderation for approval which we want to avoid doing.

The Spaminator addon is still an excellent addon and it does stop bots from hitting our forums which is a huge number per day but there are nothing we can do if humans go register and then passed the registered account to their bots. I have discovered many account which I call it sleeper account where humans would register account then stock pile it to use it at a later date to spam my forum with bots doing the postings.

Thank you for all your help to help me understanding better on how to gather data to fight the spammer more effectively in the future.

Thank you for all your help to help me understanding better on how to gather data to fight the spammer more effectively in the future
Your cooperation was exemplary. We really appreciate it. You have a great site everyone should check out. All about treasure hunting using metal detectors - good analogy for the Spaminator bot detector...

Everyone should visit and read up at

Not working here. I've left it running for 24 hours.

1681888078070.png

Some bugs; in the admin panel; "pourpouses".

1681888560285.png

Another bug from the registration form.

Code:
(index):1198 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined     at (index):1198:1

<script>
$('form').attr('autocomplete','off');
</script>

Another bug: spaminator_captcha.less (image does not exist)

Code:
    background-image: url('styles/OzzModz/Spaminator/Images/captcha.jpg');

Hopefully I can get the plugin to work...

Last edited:
Top Bottom