[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Yeah, I may have inadvertently turned off the navigation on my dev site before I released the update. I have fixed this for future updates.

Glad you got it solved and can see the log now. Have you caught anything yet?

Yeah, I may have inadvertently turned off the navigation on my dev site before I released the update. I have fixed this for future updates.

Glad you got it solved and can see the log now. Have you caught anything yet?
yes, it looks like it's working well. I have 2 more sites that need it, if it proves solid (the most spambots arrive during the night) I'll buy more instances.

I am sure you won't be disappointed with its performance. :)

Should you have any other issues don't hesitate to ask.

I implemented this mod at about 9:15 AM EDT this morning.

It's now 5:30 PM EDT, and the Spaminator log shows 44 spammer attempts. Already.
Cuious to know what else if anything you have active, to fight automated registrations?

You can see now they are all obsolete - Spaminator stops them first.

I did not remove the "stock" XF countermeasures that I have activated - recapcha v2, DNSBL/Project Honeypot, StopForumSpam, and Akismet.

I'm going to disable everything for 24 hours as an experiment and just go with this mod, and see what happens. If nothing, I'll extend the experiment.

I implemented this mod at about 9:15 AM EDT this morning.

It's now 5:30 PM EDT, and the Spaminator log shows 44 spammer attempts. Already.

Glad to hear you are having positive results with the addon. Thanks for reporting back.

I did not remove the "stock" XF countermeasures that I have activated - recapcha v2, DNSBL/Project Honeypot, StopForumSpam, and Akismet.

I'm going to disable everything for 24 hours as an experiment and just go with this mod, and see what happens. If nothing, I'll extend the experiment.
Understand this doesn't affect human spammers. But we've found most of those use accounts that already auto-registered.

And I am rewriting a addon that will circumvent the previous registered accounts from auto logging in to the forum. Same principle as this addon.

Can you also (for the purposes of potential purchasers and new users) explain what all of the columns mean, along with acronyms, in the spam table log?

Can you also (for the purposes of potential purchasers and new users) explain what all of the columns mean, along with acronyms, in the spam table log?
When you put the addon in test mode, then try to register, you will see what's going on. Each "trap" you'll see is one of the columns in the log.

Top Bottom