[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Removed the password input field and the logging of password field. This was done to ensure user privacy in case there is ever a false positive.

That's GREAT news. While I understand it's unlikely for a normal user to see these fields, it was the right thing to do to remove this field.

That's GREAT news. While I understand it's unlikely for a normal user to see these fields, it was the right thing to do to remove this field.
A normal user can definitely see ALL of them, when this addon is in "test" mode. Possible during that time, to have someone get caught by this.

But, test mode shuts off automatically in 5 minutes, and anyone inadvertently caught by this will never know - addon doesn't block or ban. It merely allows no account creation for that event, when triggered.

Q: What about all the xenforo anti-spam stuff? Does this replace it? Can I turn some of the stuff off?

A: We encourage you to experiment. By all means try turning all the xF native and 3rd party stuff like SFS, off. Turn off the intrusive irritating captchas and the timer. Turn off the silly questions stuff. Run naked! The Spaminator will stop each and every bot that tries to register. Without fail. It's like a gill net in a lake - catches the fish who swim under, while your legit humans glide over, right on in without any hitches or silly "prove you're human" stuff. We let the bots do all the proving, let them jump through all the hoops. Make your registration process as human-friendly as possible. And please, report back to us, telling us your spaminator story. We'd love to read it!

I checked our old vB4 stats when we ran/tested the old version of this on sysnative.com - 743,032 blocked spam registrations with the older version of this add-on! Stats from June 2015 - Jan 2019 on vB4.

1570886647953.webp

After two weeks of running this on XF, we're already at 1,600 automated bots blocked from registering, and have basically eliminated our automated spam problem. We've cut automated registrations from around 10+ per day, down to 0, and we're back at the calmer no-spam levels we had when running vB4.

This is pretty much a must-have add-on almost any site - massively cuts down on spam, and we've yet to see an automated bot get through.

I checked our old vB4 stats when we ran/tested the old version of this on sysnative.com - 743,032 blocked spam registrations with the older version of this add-on! Stats from June 2015 - Jan 2019 on vB4.

View attachment 211915

After two weeks of running this on XF, we're already at 1,600 automated bots blocked from registering, and have basically eliminated our automated spam problem. We've cut automated registrations from around 10+ per day, down to 0, and we're back at the calmer no-spam levels we had when running vB4.

This is pretty much a must-have add-on almost any site - massively cuts down on spam, and we've yet to see an automated bot get through.

I am glad that this addon has made the spambots go away and help you focus your time on the site rather that worrying about moderating spam.

ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations with a new update entry:

Registration Spaminator for XenForo 2.1+ Update 1.1.0

This is a semi major update. I suggest taking a backup before upgrading just to be safe.

I am really happy with the new look of the log, and I am pleased with the results of the new traps.

Removed

• Some unused phrases that were left over from previous fields and such.
  • Unused code in some of the PHP files.
  • Some de-funked template modifications

Changed

• The ipaddress column in the database from 15 characters to 45 to accommodate ipv6...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've just installed the addon and set the log-view permissions for admins only, but I can't see any log. Does it need to catch some bot before showing up?

I've just installed the addon and set the log-view permissions for admins only, but I can't see any log. Does it need to catch some bot before showing up?

You should see the header, but yeah, in order to see results some bots need to be caught.

Can you admin my account on the site and I can have a look. it is the same name that I use here.

Have you checked under your main navigation tabs, under the Forums tab? On my site I couldn't initially find it, as our theme buries it away under the forums tab in the navigation.

Top Bottom