[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Yes the do, I can see them on my iPhone and my tablet.

Ensure you have permission to view the logs.

The data the logs show is entered by automated programs, not humans trying to register. There are no privacy or security concerns since humans cannot enter information in those fields. They can't even see those fields.
Hmm ... I must be a bot then, they are being displayed in my browser (w3m) with default settings?
spaminator.png

It's hard to say, I keep doing clean installs. My memory at 70 years old isn't what it used to be, but I think I started beta with you guys back in May of this year.
I've had 4 burst attacks like this one, so I'm figuring around 24-25,000 so far. Maybe more.

Last edited:
I implemented this mod at about 9:15 AM EDT this morning.

It's now 5:30 PM EDT, and the Spaminator log shows 44 spammer attempts. Already.
Since October 13 when I first bought and installed this add-on, I'm up to a total of 8,894 foiled spam registration attempts.

Also, since then, I have only had a total of two (2) spam registrations. Evidently both were humans -- I know for sure that one of them was. Before that, I was getting 5+ per week.

Very clever idea behind this plugin. How many real humans get blocked accidentally? Is the mobile issue fixed?

@gerryvz, OMG that is a ridiculous number! They just mess up the members list. The time taken to sort it all is ridiculous. Gotta have some type of solution.

Well they don't mess up the members list because they are stopped first. And "Gotta have some type of solution," you are in the add-on thread that solved it. So it sounded like you thought those numbers got in and you needed a solution.

Last edited:
I was referring to when they get through without the Spaminator.

What puzzles me is that with the amount of spam going on, why isn't everybody using this add-on?

What puzzles me is that with the amount of spam going on, why isn't everybody using this add-on?
Because "nothing can stop spam." So this defeatist mentality makes most people just put up with it. They're not going to take it all that seriously, not seriously enough to pony up 30 bucks to try this. But if you are really serious about stopping automated spam, this is the tool to have in the toolbox.

I've been using it a couple of weeks now and it has completely stopped automated 'bot' registrations.

There is a similar add-on that also stops spam bot emails from the Contact form which works just as well.

I've been using it a couple of weeks now and it has completely stopped automated 'bot' registrations.

There is a similar add-on that also stops spam bot emails from the Contact form which works just as well.
Contact form AND one for the login form too - to stop the spammers already registered from using automation to log in.

Top Bottom