[OzzModz] Post Deleted Placeholder

[OzzModz] Post Deleted Placeholder 2.0.0 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 6.18.23 PM.webp

I tested one and it did not seem to show my avatar, yet historical deletions did show the mini avatar

actually i think none of my mini avatars work, maybe it's a preferences setting? hmm

Also, as admin, I don't seem to have the ability to read the deleted post like I used to

I tested one and it did not seem to show my avatar, yet historical deletions did show the mini avatar
Will be fixed soon

Also, as admin, I don't seem to have the ability to read the deleted post like I used to
You should not enable this for users who are already able to see deleted posts.
This add-on was designed to only show stubs without the message and full post data.

Will be fixed soon

You should not enable this for users who are already able to see deleted posts.
This add-on was designed to only show stubs without the message and full post data.

Hi thanks. I'm not seeing a way for my admins and mods to read the deletd post. I thought there would be a link for them on the stub to open it. I definitely don't want regular members to see it. The only options I see are:

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 10.13.49 AM.png

view the stub
view author
view who deleted
view reason

But I see no option for 'view deleted content'

Maybe I am missing something?

I'm not seeing a way for my admins and mods to read the deletd post. I thought there would be a link for them on the stub to open it. I definitely don't want regular members to see it. The only options I see are:

I mean standard forum moderator permission:

1654459194264.webp

@Painbaker My admins and mods have always had this enabled, but it stopped working when this addon was installed:

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 9.22.18 AM.webp

There is also nothing set to "Never" that would over ride it.

My admins and mods have always had this enabled, but it stopped working when this addon was installed:
This may stop working when the user has both permissions set to "yes" (View deleted posts and view placeholders)
I'll add a condition to avoid this in a future version

Thanks for the update, mini avatars are back, but the stub is still a black hole with no way to have admins and mods read what was deleted. Once that fix is in the addon will be perfect. I'm happy to chip in some funds to make this happen.

I tested 2.0.3 it's awesome, thanks!

One more nice addition would be is when a member is in restricted user group, they post and mod has to approve that post, but instead mod deletes the post, it would be good if no one can see that. So maybe the post approval page by default has a tick box ticked to 'show deletion stub' but if you untick that, the stub is hidden?

This should be core. Post and thread delete notice helps remind members about the rules.

Now, where can we find deleted thread placeholder addon?!

Would be great for an option to set when deleted by moderator it only shows 'deleted by moderator' instead of name.

Top Bottom