[OzzModz] OS/Browser Display for XenForo

[OzzModz] OS/Browser Display for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.0

No permission to buy ($10.00)

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

OS/Browser Display for XenForo 2.x - Shows user's OS/Browser in extra user info in XF 2

Want to know which OS and Browser your members are using in XenForo 2?

Then this add-on is for you!

OS/Browser Display shows which OS and Browser your members are using in posts and PCs.*

Features
  • Set who can view OS/Browser info by usergroup.
  • Display OS/Browser as icons only.
  • Display OS/Browser as icons and text.
  • Display OS/Browser as text only.
  • Uses sprites to limit http requests.
  • Each post/PC shows the OS/Browser the user was using at the moment that...

Read more about this resource...

Is it possible to have Admin Statistics for this (OS & browser)?
Thanks!

It would really be kind of pointless. I have users that change their OS/Browser more often than they change their underwear. I would have to go back to look for the thread, but I had one user change both at least 5 times in a single thread in a single day.

But if someone wanted to, they could compile some statistics from the database.

It would really be kind of pointless.
Could you maybe log each device as new "item" (don't want to say user as I'm sure that'd be a bit more dynamic code) in the stats? That way one could at least see any trends with said devices. ;)

Could you maybe log each device as new "item" (don't want to say user as I'm sure that'd be a bit more dynamic code) in the stats? That way one could at least see any trends with said devices. ;)

Each post/PC has the OS and Browser name used when the post was made recorded in a database table. So, it's all there to be picked out if someone wanted to.

Can you change the Windows 10 and 8.1 icons? I think they are the same. Windows 10 icon should be blue, not purple. And the chrome icon is old. It's updated.

Can you change the Windows 10 and 8.1 icons? I think they are the same. Windows 10 icon should be blue, not purple. And the chrome icon is old. It's updated.
The chrome logo is still currrent...

chromecompare.webp

The Windows 8.1, 10 logo is different by request. It's so people can visually distinguish what windows series the user was running without having to hover on the icon.

If you want the Windows 8.1 and 10 logos to be the same as 8, edit the snog_osbrowser.css template, scroll down to the .windows section and...

Replace this...
Code:
.win81 {background: url('data/osbrowser/icons/common.png') -38px -216px; width: 16px; height: 16px;}

With this..
Code:
.win81 {background: url('data/osbrowser/icons/common.png') -92px -216px; width: 16px; height: 16px;}

Of course you are also free to create your own sprite file if you wish to use different logos.

Last edited:
I don't want them to be the same. They are already same. I want them to be diferent. 8.1 and 10 logos are THE SAME!

And no. Chrome logo is flattered. You are using the old Chrome logo.

6179.png

I don't want them to be the same. They are already same. I want them to be diferent. 8.1 and 10 logos are THE SAME!
I understand. I thought you wanted them to be the standard MS blue logo that was used for the entire 8 through 10 series. So far as the dark blue, so far as I know it was never an official MS color.

I won't be changing that since the current coloring was by popular request quite some time ago.

OK, then could you please tell me how to change to logo or implement a way to use our own logos.
Since the distinction is made starting with Windows 8.1 (dark blue logo), just edit the data/osbrowser/uasdata.ini file.

Locate this..
Code:
147[] = "Windows 10"
147[] = "win81.png"

And change it to this..
Code:
147[] = "Windows 10"
147[] = "windows8.png"

OK. Also, there is no OS X anymore. It should be macOS...
When Apple stops identifying it's macOS as OS X, the new user agent will be added and macOS will be added.
Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12) AppleWebKit/602.1.43 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Safari/602.1.43
Otherwise there is no way to tell which version should be Mac OS X, OS X and macOS unless you know the exact version numbers where the name changes took place. Until those version numbers can be established or Apple stops identifying itself as OS X anything before or after the 'OS X' designation will be incorrect so far a naming goes.

Now, about your review...
-The icon for 8.1 and 10 is the same. It should be different
-It says OS X, which should be macOS for newer systems
-Firefox version number could be outdated
-Chrome icon is not material design
-Lacks customization options

I've already addressed the Windows icons as a majority user request starting with 8.1.

I've already addressed the OS x statement.

Firefox version numbers are as reported by the user agent string at the moment a post is made. It does not change for the post if the user changes their browser version at a later date. It will show the new version on the next post the user makes however it remains the same on older posts since that was the version used to make the older posts.
57.webp59.webp60.webp
From the add-on description.
Each post/PC shows the OS/Browser the user was using at the moment that post/PC was made.

I won't argue that the logo is an older logo, but it is still quite recognizable as the Chrome browser.
chromej.webp

What customization options are you looking for? Nothing has been mentioned about this until your review.

Last edited:
Ability to choose our own logos maybe? I want to be constructive here. I've removed my review but I was expecting more options.

Update: Can't remove after reply.

Ability to choose our own logos maybe? I want to be constructive here. I've removed my review but I was expecting more options.

Update: Can't remove after reply.
You are free to create your own sprite file with any logos you wish. But, the option to have individual choices (separate file for each logo) won't be added since that would cause an additional HTTP request to a server for each individual logo used. With a thread list of 20 posts, that could potentially cause 40 additional HTTP requests to a server for 40 different logos (OS and Browser). Using a sprite file keeps the HTTP request count down to 1.

Top Bottom