[OzzModz] Hide Replies in Thread

[OzzModz] Hide Replies in Thread [Paid] 1.2.0 Patch Level 2

No permission to buy ($10.00)
Just so I'm clear on this: can this hide all replies to all threads, or only all replies except the first to all threads? Because I'd really want to do the first, hide all replies to all threads. Also, will this hide replies on thread view, or will users still be able to see there was x-many replies...? TIA

@imno007, hi. This add-on does not hide the first post of the thread and the reply counters.
To hide the entire thread, but leave it in lists, you can use the XF's "View thread content" permission.

@imno007, hi. This add-on does not hide the first post of the thread and the reply counters.
To hide the entire thread, but leave it in lists, you can use the XF's "View thread content" permission.
No, I don't want to hide the first post in threads, just all the replies to the threads, including the first replies. It would be like if you used the spam function to delete all a user's posts but not their threads, but on a site-wide scale for all users - except in this case it would hide them, not delete them. Anyway, I'll figure it out when the time comes (for a near future project). Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Actually... now that I'm looking at this when I'm a little more awake than I was last night before bed, I'm thinking this addon maybe does do what I was looking for. I was getting hung up on the wording in the first line in the description, which says "allows to hide all replies except first," but now I see in one of the images an option that reads "all posts except first" - which sounds like what I was describing above. Sorry for my confusion.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Maybe the description could say a little more about the addon and scenaries to usw it.

Example if possible.
I want to sell something and users can send a bid.

#1 Admin: I sell a car
#2 User1: 200$
#3 User1: 300$
#4 User2: 123$
#5 Admin: Sold!

Admin can read everything, users can see only the admin's post and their own.

Is this possible with this addon?

And is it possible for thread starter to be the one who can see or only for groups?

I am thread starter, i set up thread for hidden replies, right?

I am userA, i post a message, this message is hidden. But I can see it, right?
And also the thread starter can see it, right?

I am userB, i post a message, this message is hidden. But I can see it, right?
But userA and all others can not see it, right?

If this is true, then you can play a hidden auction; what is very nice to have and mentioned above.

But If I am wrong, than I dont understand it at all, this is why i have written:

Maybe the description could say a little more about the add-on and the scenarios to use it.

Could this be selective to some specific threads only or does it affect all threads in the related node?
Both options available
In the forum settings you can set all new threads to have a hidden replies
I am thread starter, i set up thread for hidden replies, right?

I am userA, i post a message, this message is hidden. But I can see it, right?

I am userB, i post a message, this message is hidden. But I can see it, right?
But userA and all others can not see it, right?

If this is true, then you can play a hidden auction; what is very nice to have and mentioned above.

But If I am wrong, than I dont understand it at all, this is why i have written:

Your scenario depends on how you set up the permissions.

1698757288591.webp

The thread author will see any posts if you set the "view in own thread" permission to yes.
There is also a permission that will allow you to see posts in any threads with hidden replies.

Just bought the add-on and trying to install, but I'm getting this error:

1698852733930.webp

Is that intended to be installed or am I getting some conflict elsewhere?

Painbaker updated [PB] Hide Replies in Thread with a new update entry:

Can't actually get where to find this one: "Added node setting for default state of "hiding replies" in thread"

1698865928706.png
Looks like "View replies in own posts" is being considered as default, but I set permissions for unregistered users only, so that shouldn't be the notice content, right?

EDIT: is it also possible to hide the notice to logged-in users? So I need a template modification for that?

Can't actually get where to find this one: "Added node setting for default state of "hiding replies" in thread"
Should be on the forum settings page, in "Advanced options"
Looks like "View replies in own posts" is being considered as default, but I set permissions for unregistered users only, so that shouldn't be the notice content, right?

EDIT: is it also possible to hide the notice to logged-in users? So I need a template modification for that?
Will be fixed in a future update
Currently you can only disable add-on template modification and add your own with your own conditions

Should be on the forum settings page, in "Advanced options"

If you mean this, I then totally misunderstood:

1698968320969.webp

I thought it was an option to set whether to show "only users with permissions" or "only you and users" phrase on the notice.

Currently you can only disable add-on template modification and add your own with your own conditions

I've added $xf.visitor.user_id to the add-on's current forum_view template modifications and heavily translated the phrase string, so now it looks like a big banner which is visible to guests only 😁

But an option to toggle it to hidden for logged-in users would be nice to have :)

Thanks for your time!

Top Bottom