[OzzModz] Hide Quote/Reply Buttons In Thread

[OzzModz] Hide Quote/Reply Buttons In Thread 2.0.3 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
Is it possible to hide quote/reply in post footer but leave it in tooltip for selected text?
upd.: it seems that I know how to do myself, but anyway it would be cool if it would be done out of box.

Last edited:
haha. i think this is something that is being looked after by a lot of people. keeping select and quote enabled while hiding the quote button. would be great if you can share how you managed to do it!

would be great if you can share how you managed to do it!
Just change code replacement in template modifications. For example for last post (similar for first post, just change $post.isLastPost()).

Code:
                                                    <xf:if is="$xf.options.ozzmodzHideQuoteLast">
                                                        <xf:if is="$post.isLastPost()">
                                                        <span style="display:none">$0</span>
                                                        <xf:else />
                                                        $0
                                                        </xf:if>

ooh. that worked!

just in case, if others faced the same issue as mine... to edit the template modification, you would need to temporarily add this to config.php:

$config['development']['enabled'] = true;

do not keep it enabled of course. a better option in case you have a fairly static ip is to use something like this:

Code:
if ($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == 'THIS.IS.YOUR.IP') {
}

ooh. that worked!

just in case, if others faced the same issue as mine... to edit the template modification, you would need to temporarily add this to config.php:

do not keep it enabled of course. a better option in case you have a fairly static ip is to use something like this:

Code:
if ($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == 'THIS.IS.YOUR.IP') {
}

Better yet,

Just change code replacement in template modifications.
I just checked that code, but what you stated is already in there.

However, tooltip on selected text of last post (when quote in first and last post is disabled) is not functioning.

Am I missing something or is it a little bug or change due to new Xenforo version?

Standard template modification is:

Code:
                                                    <xf:if is="!$post.isLastPost()">
                                                    $0   
                                                    $0
                                                    </xf:if

My edition:

Code:
                                                        $0

Check line <span style="display:none">$0</span>.

My edition:
Oops, seems I've been blind, sorry. There is also an #0 and /if:if less so I have been real blind. LoL. :D

However, I now changed this, I hope in the right place.
Template modifications and then Post Macros (hide quote/reply on last post).
But if I put your code in there, then also the +quote and reply links/buttons re-appear in the last post. That shouldn't happen, right?

Because I thought the code would only show quote/reply option if one select a piece of text in the first/last post?

Template modifications and then Post Macros (hide quote/reply on last post).
Only template modification ozzmodz_hide_quote_first and ozzmodz_hide_quote_last is need.
This modification hide quote from bottom of the post, but leave button when you select some text in this post.
I'm do not use this addon anymore, but in my case it works like this:
qw.webp

Last edited:
Only template modification ozzmodz_hide_quote_first and ozzmodz_hide_quote_last is need.
I can't find those anywhere in Admincp-> Templates. Only those what I said, so the two post macros templates.

But if you say if you select text then also the buttons are re-appearing, then it's probably fine. I thought only that popup text would appear on selection.
Thank you!

Edit: buttons also are present without selection when doing the adjustment. Pity. But thank you anyway.

Last edited:
Just change code replacement in template modifications. For example for last post (similar for first post, just change $post.isLastPost()).

Code:
                                                        $0

Has the tooltip modification been integrated into the current version of the add-on?

Top Bottom