XenForo 2.2.0+

Description:
Reddit-like awards for content

Commissioned by @Forsaken

Features:
  • Free & purchasable badges that can be awarded by users for various content
  • Anonymous badge awarding
  • Badge categories
  • Badge customization options (FontAwesome icon support with coloring, uploading own image, freeform CSS)
  • New user criteria
  • DBTech Credits add-on integration (purchasing with credits, award currency to...

Read more about this resource...

Would we be able to configure it so that the only badges available are ones that are given out by our moderators? 🤔

Am also getting this error and am unable to install @Ozzy47

1667608561170.png

E: That's Xenaddons Showcase causing that by the looks. Uninstall sorted.

Has anyone seen user uptake of this? Do they like it?
It should depend on your use case.

I have two use cases, one where there is an established community where a lot of information is shared and we already make use of DBTech for a gamification model, and a second that needed this before starting where I plan on incentivizing content by allowing users to tip for a premium currency, and then withdrawal it.

Am also getting this error and am unable to install @Ozzy47

E: That's Xenaddons Showcase causing that by the looks. Uninstall sorted.
Hmm, we’ll look into this. @Painbaker

A bit of 'bad news, good news, bad news'...

Bad news: I'm getting the same error but from a different table, xf_mg_media_item.
Good news: I think I discovered the problem. --> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/troubleshooting-row-size-too-large-errors-with-innodb <--
Bad news: It's likely a DB problem, not a code problem.

The Cliff Notes answer is that on my test install with InnoDB my xf_mg_media_item table was set for row_format = compact which was causing the error when the add-on installer tried adding additional columns to it. My xf_user & xf_post tables were already row_format = dynamic so those worked fine but the table update for the XFMG add-on failed when it go to it.

For my scenario the solution was easy enough, just update my xf_mg_media_item table to be row_format = dynamic and then I could continue the install.

I do NOT suggest anybody having the problem to start changing their DB and nobody should on my word alone, I'm just saying what the problem was for me and what fixed it for me. Folks should follow advice of their own support resources on how they should handle this situation if they are having this issue. <-- Disclaimer before anybody touches their DB and screws something up and tries to blame me for it.
Despicable Me Whatever GIF

Attachments

• 1667613023001.webp
    1667613023001.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 10
A few minor things.... 🍻

1) If there are multiple images displayed in the post then when you hover over the icon it looks like there is a space or other character that is being used to pad out the image causing a phantom underscore to appear. In the example below there are three images, hovering over the first and second results in the underscore being shown but not the third.​
1667687671316.png
******​
2) If there are no FA icons used as a badge then when viewing the list of badges in the ACP no preview images are shown. Looks like this is due to no width being set. This can be fixed by changed the max-width: 100% to something like max-width: 32px; or similar but that is something somebody better with CSS can play with. cough @Forsaken cough 😆
1667688055001.png 1667688164629.png
*****​
3) After adding a new badge the badge description is getting changed to be the badge title value.​
*****​
4) When adding a new badge I can't get the "URL" option to work. I've tried a few different values, different file types types (I prefer SVG but tried pointing to a PNG for example), and also using the same value for all four of the input boxes, all experiments result in an Please enter a valid value. error. The upload and FA options seem to be working fine, I just can't get one created using the URL option.​

Of the items, using the URL is the only one really catching my attention the most since on the live site I'll likely be pointing to SVGs on the CDN.

It should depend on your use case.

I have two use cases, one where there is an established community where a lot of information is shared and we already make use of DBTech for a gamification model, and a second that needed this before starting where I plan on incentivizing content by allowing users to tip for a premium currency, and then withdrawal it.
What are you planning on using for the withdrawal process..? :)

Some suggestions i can think of to improve this addon:
  • As with reactions there should be a "rewards received" page in the profile (https://xenforo.com/community/account/reactions).
  • In user profiles there should be a new tab with the list of threads with most awards received and the summary with the total rewards received by the user at the top.
So this addon would become more interactive and give more information about the users and their most useful discussions created on the forum.

So to be clear,
When a premium badge is purchased, the user gets the money? How does this work? Is it configurable? (User gets 80% kind of thing)

Some suggestions i can think of to improve this addon:
  • As with reactions there should be a "rewards received" page in the profile (https://xenforo.com/community/account/reactions).
  • In user profiles there should be a new tab with the list of threads with most awards received and the summary with the total rewards received by the user at the top.
So this addon would become more interactive and give more information about the users and their most useful discussions created on the forum.
I second this.

So to be clear,
When a premium badge is purchased, the user gets the money? How does this work? Is it configurable? (User gets 80% kind of thing)

I second this.
This only works with DBTech Credits and was to allow tipping users.

I do not currently have this add-on setup as I haven't launched the site it's for.

A few things

Can it be set per badge weather the user gets the tip or not? Or specify how much of the tip they get?

Second, even if I set a specific payment profile to a badge, all of my payment profiles are showing up as an option.

Thirdly, I sent a badge, and in their user profile under content badges it says "A moment ago Unknown user"

fourth, when I select the badge on the content, it pops up and says "There is nothing to display." even though the thread does indeed have the badge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom