[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.5 Patch Level 2

No permission to download

Can confirm this fixes the stacking issue for postbit, now the correct level badge is shown - thank you :)

Idea: Allow setting a link/url per category/badge so we can make the badges clickable to a specific page.

Example: Badges given when submitted 5 AMS guides can be clicked to go directly to the AMS index, things like that...

You @Gemma are pure awesomeness. It works perfectly, so thank you very much for sharing that with me. I truly appreciate it.

Not to push my luck {{grin}} but is there a way to do the exact same thing in what I think is called the visitor tab. When you hover over a user and it shows the small pop up of their information?

View attachment 280007

I am going to go out on a limb here and ask that perhaps whatever this particular location is called could use the same code above, but swap out 'message' for whatever this is - member tooltip? I assume that same mindset would also work in the user profiles, too??

Not to be pushy... I appreciate you!

For the member tooltip, try this

Code:
.featuredBadges--member_tooltip {
  margin-bottom: 15px;
}

And in member profiles, this

Code:
.featuredBadges--member_view {
  padding-bottom: 10px;
}

Again, swapping out the numeric values to suit your own needs.

Bug: The custom CSS class for a badge isn't applied in the postbit or the badge stack in profile.

Last edited:
@Ozzy47 It seems to be displaying all badges and not the max number of featured badges = 4 that I've set in the usergroup permissions. I noticed this for one user, but after running [OzzModz] Badges: Rebuild user badge cache it's showing all badges for all users now.

For the member tooltip, try this

Code:
.featuredBadges--member_tooltip {
}

And in member profiles, this

Code:
.featuredBadges--member_view {
  padding-bottom: 10px;
}

Again, swapping out the numeric values to suit your own needs.

Okay so all I can say is ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ and thank you so much. Makes a world of difference and I truly appreciate the help.

I created a badge and then set it to be awarded to anyone who has been registered for more than one year. I have noticed that the badge has not yet been awarded to anyone. Not sure how that works??

It was a badge that I changed settings on -- so thinking I may need to erase and recreate it fresh...??

I created a badge and then set it to be awarded to anyone who has been registered for more than one year. I have noticed that the badge has not yet been awarded to anyone. Not sure how that works??

It was a badge that I changed settings on -- so thinking I may need to erase and recreate it fresh...??
Pretty sure it works on a cron

Hi @Ozzy47

Just did a site update and installed the latest version. Some of the guys on my site don't like the badges so toggle them all off however, apparently doing so now means that 4 random ones show by default, however, that wasn't the case previously.

One selected shows the one, None selected shows 4.

NGA0QRr.png
LO6yUTh.png

Mirabilis

Hi @Ozzy47

Just did a site update and installed the latest version. Some of the guys on my site don't like the badges so toggle them all off however, apparently doing so now means that 4 random ones show by default, however, that wasn't the case previously.

One selected shows the one, None selected shows 4.

NGA0QRr.png
LO6yUTh.png

Mirabilis

We’ll look into it.

Question to those that use this please...

I would like to be able to assign a badge to a user perminently based upon their status at a certain time... Here's an example...
Users may want to make a donation to the site (inbuilt "upgrade"), and this will last 12 months. This also gives them "site supporter" secondary group for the 12 months. I am looking to assign a "site supporter 2023" badge to their profile if they make a contribution at any point in 2023.

Lets say it's now 2024 (Timewarp!).

I would like to be able to display a new badge saying "site supporter 2024", however also keep the 2023 badge.
Obviously, people may donate at any point during the year.

Is there any way to do this please??

Many thanks!

Not sure if this is possible or would require custom development but is there any way that repetitive badges could be displayed differently?

Currently, if you are awarded a repetitive badge it appears in your profile as seen below

repetitive.webp

If you achieve that badge say 10 times it is going to take up a lot of room on your profile page. Could something like the mock-up below be implemented?

repetitive2.webp

With the info telling when it was last awarded (or maybe even a tooltip above the number?)

I know my layout is a little different but the same would still apply to the default layout. Or maybe something has already been implemented, I'm more than a few updates behind the current version. :rolleyes:

Not sure if this is possible or would require custom development but is there any way that repetitive badges could be displayed differently?

Currently, if you are awarded a repetitive badge it appears in your profile as seen below

View attachment 280595

If you achieve that badge say 10 times it is going to take up a lot of room on your profile page. Could something like the mock-up below be implemented?

View attachment 280596

With the info telling when it was last awarded (or maybe even a tooltip above the number?)

I know my layout is a little different but the same would still apply to the default layout. Or maybe something has already been implemented, I'm more than a few updates behind the current version. :rolleyes:
Curious what your postbit looks like?

Question to those that use this please...

I would like to be able to assign a badge to a user perminently based upon their status at a certain time... Here's an example...
Users may want to make a donation to the site (inbuilt "upgrade"), and this will last 12 months. This also gives them "site supporter" secondary group for the 12 months. I am looking to assign a "site supporter 2023" badge to their profile if they make a contribution at any point in 2023.

Lets say it's now 2024 (Timewarp!).

I would like to be able to display a new badge saying "site supporter 2024", however also keep the 2023 badge.
Obviously, people may donate at any point during the year.

Is there any way to do this please??

Many thanks!

I may be wrong, but I think this is done with badge stacking (I am still working on it, but it seems to be the way) but you'd have to use something like user group criteria (IMO so that you could determine which year they donated in, if I read your question correctly..)

I could be a bit off and I apologize if I am, but in the event I may be onto something... I at least wanted to share with you, while I learn the add-on more myself, also.

Hope it provides some level of assistance!

Top Bottom