[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.5 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
What does it mean?
If you want this add-on to work properly and you count on quick updates, it must be paid
Being a paid addon does not mean that it will get constant updates or constant support; there are many add-ons that get infrequent updates or have terrible support. The Award add-on I linked to previously is an example of that.

There are a few bugs, but there do not seem to be many that are breaking sites (maybe the one about constant notifications) and most people do not seem to have those issues. On the several sites I am using this add-on on I am not experienced actual issues currently and have not experienced any of these bugs. I also have a test install set up that has about 200+ badges currently configured for testing various things before I roll out everything to my main site.

Second issue we are having is when a lot of users get an automated badge - say I add one for users on 10,000+ posts.

The badges keep getting added to the same users. I haven't updated to the latest version yet so we will see what happens then.

Also, quick suggestion but it might be a bit complex.

Any thoughts on adding badge conditions like:

• User watches thread ID nnnn
  • User Watches forum ID nn
  • User has reacted to Post ID nnn with Reaction xyz

I have a couple of old "like this post if you want that badge" posts around but they require me to visit periodically and work out who needs a badge, then add each one manually.

Last edited:
This must be done via user criteria in another addon.
I can do it in my spare time
We also have 'custom user fields' like 'select your English football team', and our members ask for a badge to show their EPL club. The ability to add a badge based on that response (if any) would be really useful and fun.

We also have 'custom user fields' like 'select your English football team', and our members ask for a badge to show their EPL club. The ability to add a badge based on that response (if any) would be really useful and fun.
Well that is possible already.

Users with "Manage own featured badges" permission can feature badges in their profiles:

View attachment 273434
It may be worth changing the icon to a heart or star, things that people would recognize for marking a favorite which ends up being essentially the same thing in this case. Favorite vs feature would also help a bit but is not a huge change.

I do know some of my older members on one community had some confusion, but that's practically with everything at this point.

Can anyone direct me on where to edit the sizing of the badges that display here.
Been looking all morning, I was unable to find it in the badges.less template. Thanks!

1663271576053.png

Hi @Painbaker

Two things:

1. Is there any doco on what tiers and stacks do?

2. We're getting a recurring error related to tiers:

Server error log
  • InvalidArgumentException: Macro public:eek:zzmodz_badges_featured_badges_macros :: featured_badges() error: Container key 'ozzmodz_badges.tiers' was not found
  • src/XF/Container.php:45
  • Generated by: dudeintheswamp
  • Sep 18, 2022 at 5:11 PM

Stack trace​

#0 src/XF/App.php(2366): XF\Container->offsetGet('ozzmodz_badges....')
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1191): XF\App->get('ozzmodz_badges....')
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s49/public/ozzmodz_badges_featured_badges_macros.php(17): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Pub\App), 'get', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s49/public/message_macros.php(74): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('ozzmodz_badges_...', 'featured_badges', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s49/public/post_macros.php(25): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('message_macros', 'user_info', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('user_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#9 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s49/public/post_macros.php(159): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('user_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('full_body', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#12 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s49/public/post_macros.php(212): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('full_body', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#14 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s49/public/thread_view.php(1063): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#15 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#16 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#22 src/XF/App.php(2345): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#23 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#24 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#25 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(59) "/forum/threads/2022-general-afl-discussion.1299507/page-359"
["referrer"] => string(83) "https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2022-general-afl-discussion.1299507/page-358"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/forum/threads/2022-general-afl-discussion_1299507/page-359"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Last edited:
Top Bottom