[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.5 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
@DaveM this criteria works fine for me on clean XF setup.

Make sure the user was recently active (for realtime award/unaward to logged users and cron job).
Or use "[OzzModz] Badges: Rebuild user badges" rebuild tool to affect all badges for all users.

Also check if the trohpy rewards work with the same criteria. Badges work the same way.

Placed the member in that usergroup and then run the cron job.
As i said before, this cron job is used only to award/unaward recently active users in the activity range set in "Cron Activity Interval" option(that has updated "last_activity" column in database by XF hourly cron job).
It is not recommended change this option or run cron more often for performance reasons.

Just to remember my dear friends: the criteria is only "checked” by XF system, if the USER was online on the last X time (last 24h perhaps?).

Make sure to test some criteria for active users.

I’m testing live right now the Medals since this great add-on from Ozzy is becoming more and more stable.

Now a very silly question, sorry:

How i change the color of the Font Awesome Icon?

Tried to use the "class" box inside the Badge, something like color: red and no result i got.

Right I got it working seems the member I had to award it to was not online at the time :giggle:

Now I would like to increase the size of the icon in the postbits so how would this be done.

A few notes about this add-on:
  • The alt text which I assume is displayed via the alt tag obviously doesn't work when the badge is an FA icon and not an image, is there any way to fix this?
  • On the help page the FA icons are cut off on the upper part for some, can we also fix this?
  • Finally, if I don't set any badges to be automatically assigned to a user based on criteria but only want to reward users manually what is the best cron frequency setting, and is there any anything else to do in this case?
Capture web_15-1-2022_20719_regionalis.fr.webp

Thanks !

Hello. Since I have posted a few suggestions a few months ago, I wanted to bump them all and ask if any of them are going to be implemented?
Thanks! It works perfectly so far.

May I ask to add one more option for repetitive bagdes? Something like another checkbox to count all repeated badges as 1 in user profile?

Now it works, thanks!

One more question - can we get rid of the old font awesome icon of "badge feature" option? fa-star would be much more imformative than fa-bullhorn imho.

In addition to the previous one, I have another suggestion for a small fix. It would be nice if the number of badges in the profile was clickable (like the number of messages) and opened the user's badge tab. This is how it worked in the old versions of this addon.

fEneBqL.png

Maybe those two minor changes would be enough for the new update? ^^

1. Counting all repeated badges as one badge in user statistics.
2. New icon to feature badges (or option to change that icon in admin panel so custom changes won't interrupt with updates)
3. Clickable badges number in user profile.

We haven’t had time to look into these just yet, but we will look into the feasibility of them when we get some time.

Reactions: TFW
Import:

I followed this process.

How to import from [bd] Medals?
  1. Disable import source add-on
  2. Install this add-on
  3. In your admin panel navigate to Tools -> Import data and select "[OzzModz] Badges: {IMPORT_SOURCE_ADDON}"
  4. If everything is imported correctly you can uninstall the previous add-on
Unfortunately none of the badge images were imported, it seems. All image links are broken. Is there another step we should do to find the images?

Import:

I followed this process.

How to import from [bd] Medals?
  1. Disable import source add-on
  2. Install this add-on
  3. In your admin panel navigate to Tools -> Import data and select "[OzzModz] Badges: {IMPORT_SOURCE_ADDON}"
  4. If everything is imported correctly you can uninstall the previous add-on
Unfortunately none of the badge images were imported, it seems. All image links are broken. Is there another step we should do to find the images?
@Painbaker will answer when he can.

Are we able to see who has been awarded a badge? Remove badges etc?

Yes dear. The add-on creates a Badge "page" in the Members menu, showing the awarded users, and a Help page showing all badges, listing all of then too.

You can remove the Badges, manually or by criteria if no longer meets.

@Ozzy47, I can create a FAQ if you want, to help users, since 90% of the questions are the same. I use this add-on since day one of my Forum, if it helps to unload some of your work would be a pleasure.

@Ozzy47, I can create a FAQ if you want, to help users, since 90% of the questions are the same. I use this add-on since day one of my Forum, if it helps to unload some of your work would be a pleasure.

That would be amazing if you could do that. 😍

Yes dear. The add-on creates a Badge "page" in the Members menu, showing the awarded users, and a Help page showing all badges, listing all of then too.

You can remove the Badges, manually or by criteria if no longer meets.

I can see a badge page but no options for awarded users.

I suspect the import didn't work properly as all the images are missing.

Dear?

Top Bottom