[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.5 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
The new feature works well and almost all tests I could think of went perfectly. But at the end I found one bug with it.

Say we have a badge with user criteria active and where the "is recallable" option is active.

Automatically after the cron runs all works perfectly. Badge is given or taken, just like we expect. New feature works.

But if we award same badge manually to someone, then user criteria is never respected anymore. It overrides user criteria and we can't never reset it. We can only manually award or take away. When cron runs nothing happens anymore.

In general it makes no sense to award manually badges with criteria and "is recallable" because we have set criteria for a reason. We shouldn't have put criteria for it if we wanted to award manually.

So, the solution is that badges with user criteria and "is recallable" option checked should not be in the list for awarding manually. Because user criteria will take care of it. No need to award manually for those badges. But in the settings if those options are unchecked, now they should be again in the list for awarding manually.

With manual awarding I mean this:

1639873496902.png

edit:

If

1639873735434.webp

then

1639873714653.webp

----

If

1639873816889.webp

and

1639873884285.webp

then

1639873945650.webp

Last edited:
I added screenshots to explain what I mean, hope it makes it clearer.

Thanks, nice update though. I am planning to use it on my live site even with this version. As long as I don't manually award someone with those badges, all is fine for now.

Just have to see if I can migrate from the paid addon to this without any problems. It should be, but that is my problem ;).

Ozzy is providing a lot of support to a lot of addons. He took so many abandoned addons such as this and supports it for free AND new features are implemented for free.

So if you guys can, please donate to him. In his signature you can find the link. This way we all benefit from it, so we don't need to worry about the future.

Ozzy is providing a lot of support to a lot of addons. He took so many abandoned addons such as this and supports it for free AND new features are implemented for free.

So if you guys can, please donate to him. In his signature you can find the link. This way we all benefit from it, so we don't need to worry about the future.
The first mission of OzzModz is and always was community service. Our business model is to maintain extremely low overhead and remain efficient. We're not looking to clean up, profit-wise but donations are certainly welcome and appreciated. And we definitely appreciate you and all of the help you give us and especially in the community serving spirit you give it. Can't thank you enough.

Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Badges with a new update entry:

[OzzModz] Badges for XenForo 2.2+ Update 2.2.1

2.1.1:
  • Feature: [bd] Medals importer
  • Feature: option to take away badges on member ban
  • Feature: Material Design Icon support (disabled by default in add-on options)
  • Fix: don't allow awarding revoked badges with criteria for users

How to import from [bd] Medals?
  1. Disable import source add-on
  2. Install this add-on
  3. In your admin panel navigate to Tools -> Import data and select "[OzzModz] Badges: {IMPORT_SOURCE_ADDON}"
  4. If everything is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Awesome stuff with the update @Ozzy47. Just wanted to give you a heads up that the alignment when using a Material Design Icon is a bit off, not by much though. Not sure if there is an easy remedy to that.

MDI Alignment.webp

Also for those that are using the add-on. What needs to go in this field for users when they provide something. I want the badge to Auto Unlock for them.

User Field.webp
I've tried a couple different things, but nothing has worked so far. Any ideas?

Top Bottom