[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.5 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
Finally got around to switching to this version. Import went smoothly. Thanks for taking this on @Ozzy47

Attachments

• Badges_Idle_Chatter_-_2021-11-30_22.55.37.webp
    Badges_Idle_Chatter_-_2021-11-30_22.55.37.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Gemma_Idle_Chatter_-_2021-11-30_22.56.45.webp
    Gemma_Idle_Chatter_-_2021-11-30_22.56.45.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 31
Where is that?

Bewndyd.png

Hi guys, I installed this addon and created the badges. For some users, however, not all badges are shown (in the profile). Why?

I am checking the addon right now and it seems the problem with user criteria still exists.

Because when a user does not meet a criteria anymore, the badge should be removed automatically. Right now it stays.

Not sure if it can be considered as a feature (to me it is a bug), but please make it possible to have the badges removed if criteria is not met anymore.

I think the underlying issue is that when this addon was created, it copied the trophy system. Once a trophy is given, it stays forever. It is like when you reach 5000 message milestone, you get a trophy.

But badges are not trophies. Say I give to all my moderators a badge. What happens when a moderator leaves the team? The badge should be removed due to him not being in the moderator usergroup anymore. But it still stays.

Thanks.

I fully understand the demand for automation on removing Badges after the criteria no longer meets.

But we can achieve this with workarounds using group promotion + Badges conditionals. Is more manual in the beginning to set the things up, but well, will do the job.

I tend to use the Badges for more "permanent" achievements, but would be great to have a more automated way on "temporary" achievements.

Just trying to help.

But we can achieve this with workarounds using group promotion + Badges conditionals. Is more manual in the beginning to set the things up, but well, will do the job.
How does group promotion help in this situation? Can you explain how that will do the job?

I tend to use the Badges for more "permanent" achievements, but would be great to have a more automated way on "temporary" achievements.

Everyone has his own use cases. I guess many forums have premium membership models. So once a user is a premium member, he gets a badge. But after he is not a premium member anymore (cause he didn't pay), it should be removed.

In my case I use it for a different usecase though but the logic is the same. I just don't understand why the initial developers didn't follow XF core logic. In any kind of addon or in the core, when a user criteria is met, it works, when it is not met anymore, it no longer works.

So pretty please add this feature. I just can't use this addon without that.

follow me please GIF

Honestly, I would advise you to consider releasing a second version of this addon, but with premium options that will be a higher priority for development. If the price was reasonably low (e.g. $10-20), probably a lot of users would decide to pay for faster development of the addon, because already the free one is the best one that ever came out in the forum awards category. And it can be developed even further.

Top Bottom