[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.5 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
Well this is strange.... Uploaded fine, permissions fine, options fine, added badge and nothing is showing anywhere in forum.

It's working now after I disabled all of my add on and re-enabled all of them again. No conflict was noted but it started working okay. I have no idea what happened as there was no add-on or style conflict. One thing that isn't working is when I manually remove a badge from a member in testing, it reappears again with next cron update.

Thank you so much for this add-on! I and many other appreciate it and the work you do within this community.

Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Badges with a new update entry:

[OzzModz] Badges for XenForo 2.2+ Update 2.0.0 Patch Level 3

Changelog:
  • Allow to retain ids with existing badges in importer (if checked will purge them in target add-on (OzzModz))
  • Fix: category title import
  • Fix: incorrect redirect on category remove
  • Fix: badge images import
  • Fix: broken user badge importer
  • Fix: do not import badges for non-existing users
  • Fix: broken user badge featuring
  • Fix: rebuild caches after import
  • Fix: incorrect link to help page

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Ozzy47 @Painbaker

I've still got the sam issue. Everything seems to import well, besided featured bagdes. People got only some of them featured, for example I had 9 featured bagdes, but only 4 was imported as a featured ones (all 9 have button coloroued like they're all featuread anyway). Furthermore I can't feature or unfeature any badges after import.

Thank you for the importer fix. It all went fine now.

There is still one issue. The tooltip when hover on badges in postbit/profile does not show any information, just this:
Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 21.52.49.webp

@Ozzy47 @Painbaker

I've still got the sam issue. Everything seems to import well, besided featured bagdes. People got only some of them featured, for example I had 9 featured bagdes, but only 4 was imported as a featured ones (all 9 have button coloroued like they're all featuread anyway). Furthermore I can't feature or unfeature any badges after import.

If someone would like to know - upcoming patch 4 has solved all of my problems and now everything works perfectly. Thanks @Painbaker for your support and all the fixes!

There are only two things, you should remember BEFORE importing old badges:
  • change users permissions to the max badges number to the same you had in the previous addon (by default it's 4)
  • make sure sort order in addon option is set in the same way as it was in your previous version (by default it's "most recent badges")

This is a really great addon! I finally switched over from the old version today. I really would like to see the removal of badges that don't meet criteria anymore, and the ability to give multiples of the same badge. I run contests a lot, so having separate badges for repeat winners gets a bit cluttered after a while.

This is a really great addon! I finally switched over from the old version today. I really would like to see the removal of badges that don't meet criteria anymore, and the ability to give multiples of the same badge. I run contests a lot, so having separate badges for repeat winners gets a bit cluttered after a while.

Maybe removal badges is not needed that much (that would require two times more sql queries, right @Ozzy47 ?), but I support an idea to give multiple copies of the same badge. Anyway, since everything is already working well, do you plan to add new features? I added a list of suggestions here some time ago and I'm curious if any will be useful.
Not sure if this is the best place to post that, but I have a couple of suggestions. I hope at least some of them will be useful ;)

#1 Badge tier​

Optional feature (admin would have to enable it in admin panel), which add 4 levels of badges:
  • platinum
  • gold
  • silver
  • bronze

Levels would be visible from the profile and help page, for example golden and silver badges with corresponding coloured bars at the right:
lvjwcZi.png

Further development possibilities:
  • add an option for admins to define their own badge levels with custom colors/icons
  • show number of gathered badges sorted by badge tier, example below
nyVjSTX.png

#2 Stack of badges​

Badge categories are useful, but sometimes they are not enough. Especially in case of similar, repetitive badges. For example, let's consider badges for achieving consecutive years since registration, in this case: 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 years. Right now it looks like this if we use only badge categories:
c6wzj0O.png

Stack of badges (or something similar) would be much more visually informative, for example:
2WhCn6C.png

How this example works:
  • badges of lower "level" are showed inside the highest "level" badge
  • user still can choose any of lower "level" badges to display in his profile
  • description of lower "level" badges would be visible on hover/click event

Further development possibilities:
  • add locked badges from the same stack (they could be greyed out and moved to the right edge for example)

#3 Repetitive badges​

This might be useful especially for competitive badges (for winning in game tournaments or forum competitions). For example - let's consider badge for ending up annual competition on the first place. If this competition happens every year for 10 years, it would be better to have just one badge instead of ten. But what if someone won more than once? Right now we can solve this problem by writing it out in comment section. But for user it would be much cooler to have given that one badge twice (separately), so he could feature both won editions in his/her profile.

I would suggest to give an option like "multi badge", so it wouldn't be enabled by default.

Thanks for updating this!

Have a slight issues after importing where I get a message at the top of the admin. If I disable the addon it goes away but comes back once reactivated.

While an import is running sending the activity summary email to inactive users is disabled.

@Painbaker

I have found one more bug. Don't know if it happens for someone with a clean install, but it happened after importing badges in my case.

I was trying to list awarded users and while the first page works fine (<forum_url>/ozzmodz-badges/<badge_id>/awarded-list), I cant display any other page (<forum_url>/badges/awarded-list?page=<page_number>). Whichever page I try to load, I'm getting the same error:
The requested page could not be found.

Imo pagination should include badge id in url and this is probably why it doesn't work right now.

@Painbaker

I have found one more bug. Don't know if it happens for someone with a clean install, but it happened after importing badges in my case.

I was trying to list awarded users and while the first page works fine (<forum_url>/ozzmodz-badges/<badge_id>/awarded-list), I cant display any other page (<forum_url>/badges/awarded-list?page=<page_number>). Whichever page I try to load, I'm getting the same error:

Imo pagination should include badge id in url and this is probably why it doesn't work right now.
Same right here, I performed an import instead of a clean install. Perhaps it is an issue with the previous information of the badges addon.

I used the importer and it seems all is working now, but if I change this:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 10.40.18.webp

... nothing happens. I can't make it to show the most recent badges, not only the featured ones. So now, if the user does not feature a badge, it will not show up in the postbit.

Top Bottom