[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@forwardersforum
This addon only creates threads/posts/private conversations. It doesn't delete anything.

You can base the creation on user criteria. So inside a specific forum you can have unregistered visitors to submit a form. Also after submission, you can redirect the user to a specific link, if you entered it in ACP, such as the signup link.

@sbj but when I will redirect them to the signup link will the form submitted (which created a post) be linked to their account?
No, it won't. As they submitted it as an unregistered visitor. "Write before registering" is not supported in this addon as far as I know.

Xenforo and the add-ons are great, but I still haven't wrapped my head around how things are laid out. That's on me.

I wanted to replace the contact form built into xenforo with something custom, will this add-on allow me to do that? I've tried to figure things out reading the documentation, but to no avail.

Any insight would be appreciated. I have purchased it already.

@IcoHolic

Yes, you can do that.

If you go to ACP > Options > Basic board information > Contact URL then there you can change the default url for the contact us page.

Simply create a form to your liking with this addon. And copy the url of that form and replace the default contact form url with this one. Now when people use that contact link, they will be directed to your custom form you created with this addon.

Set all the options you want and be aware of the options you have with this addon. For example if your form sends emails upon form submission, and you have attachments enabled, this addon can't send attachments inside emails.

But this addon is very flexible, so you should be able to do what you want to do, most likely.

Another option would be to use other 3rd party addons, like this one, but none are powerful as this one. Although this one is not created for the purpose of replacing the contact us form, it indeed also can do that if one wants it.

Last edited:
Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.2 Update 2.2.0 Beta 17

danger GIF
Warning Sign GIF

Now That Ive got your attention:
This is a beta release, take a full backup before installing on a production site. Optimally try it out on a test site that is a replication of your live site before installing on the live site. It has had limited testing.

Changelog:
  • Fix: Type & form criteria...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello

I am wondering if I could use this add-on to do a Member Validation exercise.

The process I have in mind is to send a mass email out using the Communication feature. The email would contain a link to a Form.
And the Form would request each member to check and amend things like
  • Name
  • and also - most importantly - the custom fields that I have created for our members.....

This is to avoid using the mass communication methods built in to Xenforo and just sending everyone a link to their "account details" which has far too much in it and would also invite far too much coresspondence and questions !

So Q:
1. Would each member get their own unique version of the Form - and is it possible to pre-populate fields on the Form with custom fields or standard fields from the Xenforo database?
2. I am happy to ghet all the responses just stored in a flat file table - that I would have to process myself - but would this table be updated with data in (1) above ?

Many thanks

@WhiskeyMac

There is some stuff you can do. It depends on what you expect.

This addon does not have the power to update custom user fields. Say you create a form and they submit the form, the custom user fields in their accounts will not be updated. If you are looking for such feature, this addon doesn't have it.

This addon can only submit posts, threads, emails and private conversations. It can't change account settings. So if you are fine with that, that the entered forms are submitted as posts/threads, then what you want to do can be done.

At the end you will have collected the data in posts. No flat file table. Simply in a designated thread, where each post is 1 submitted form, or if you wish each submission can have its own thread.
And every time someone submits, it creates a new post/thread. This addon does not have the power to update a post. It creates a new one every time. So if one user submits the same form twice, you will get 2 posts created for that, not the first one updated.

So, if you are okay with this, then what you want to do can be done.

This is the list of question answer types. The types marked with # can have default answers.

1641227834756.png

So what does this mean?

If your custom user fields are any of the types listed under the hashtag, then you can pre-populate fields like you want.

1. You simply create a form.
2. You simply create the same types in your form you have in your custom user fields.
For example, say you have a custom user field "animal" and it is a single line textbox. You create a single line text box in the form, too. Now you can use the custom user field entries as a default answer, like {custom.animal}. Read the description text. As you see you can even pre-populate "name" and "location" with {username} and {location}. So whoever clicks on the form, that field will be pre-populated with his username and location and the other custom user fields he entered in his account. Of course only if you have created the mirrored fields in your form, so they can be pre-populated.

1641228166913.png

But again, the submissions will not update their profiles. It will be posted. Then you can process them however you like it.

Last edited:
Hello, I want to purchase this addon for my live forum. But I see it is still beta. When is it released?
It says beta because of new features were added. So, the new stuff may contain some bugs, but this addon is so old and robust, 95% of it is bugfree. You can safely use it in your life forum. I do. This addon has so many features, it is hard to maintain it 100% bugfree. One of the most developed addon here on XF, at least in top 10.

See:
1641229321991.png
1641229342332.png

Not to mention the XF1 version was created in 2013. So this addon is 8 years old and is still going. In July it will be 9 years.

Last edited:
@sbj

Thank you so much for taking the time. Your answer shows exactly how I can pre-populate fields in a Form using Xenforo data.

I did read the documentation - really :) .....

I note that there is a check box to output results to a table.....

1641290306632.png

That is all I expect - I did not expect data to be written to the Xenforo Tables :)

Is this feature still available ?

Last edited:
Reactions: sbj
It says beta because of new features were added. So, the new stuff may contain some bugs, but this addon is so old and robust, 95% of it is bugfree. You can safely use it in your life forum. I do. This addon has so many features, it is hard to maintain it 100% bugfree. One of the most developed addon here on XF, at least in top 10.

See:
View attachment 262855
View attachment 262856

Not to mention the XF1 version was created in 2013. So this addon is 8 years old and is still going. In July it will be 9 years.
Thank you. I've been purchased.

That is all I expect - I did not expect data to be written to the Xenforo Tables :)

Is this feature still available ?
Anything you can see in the documentation is also in the addon, so yes.

I understood from your question if this addon can output the results in a single file format. Like export only the answers. This addon can't do that.
But as you can see it can save the answers to database. But usually 99% of admins won't be able to work with the database. As you see in the description no support can be given for it. You are on your own with how to make use of the database entries. But if you know how to use the database, you will be able to export that one table with one click ;).

I think we have a problem with PHP 8.1:
Form export with CSV:
Fatal error: During inheritance of SeekableIterator: Uncaught ErrorException: [E_DEPRECATED] Return type of League\Csv\Stream::seek($position) should either be compatible with SeekableIterator::seek(int $offset): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/addons/Snog/Forms/vendor/league/csv/src/Stream.php:415 Stack trace: #0 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/addons/Snog/Forms/vendor/league/csv/src/Stream.php(49): XF::handlePhpError(8192, '[E_DEPRECATED] ...', '/Users/zix/Docu...', 415) #1 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(571): include('/Users/zix/Docu...') #2 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(428): Composer\Autoload\includeFile('/Users/zix/Docu...') #3 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/addons/Snog/Forms/vendor/league/csv/src/AbstractCsv.php(163): Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass('League\\Csv\\Stre...') #4 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/addons/Snog/Forms/Service/Export.php(216): League\Csv\AbstractCsv::createFromString('') #5 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/addons/Snog/Forms/Service/Export.php(74): Snog\Forms\Service\Export->createCsv() #6 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/addons/Snog/Forms/Admin/Controller/Export.php(34): Snog\Forms\Service\Export->exportToCsv() #7 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Export->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag)) #8 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Expo...', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Export), NULL) #9 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Export), NULL) #10 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch)) #11 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() #12 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run() #13 /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App') #14 {main} in /Users/zix/Documents/www/xf2/src/addons/Snog/Forms/vendor/league/csv/src/Stream.php on line 49

Top Bottom