[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Getting the following error on 2.0.28, not sure if it's on the Forms end or if Xon needs to fix in Mod Essentials

[B]Fatal error[/B]: Call to undefined method SV\ModeratorEssentials\XF\Entity\Forum::canCreateThreadFromForm() in [B]/-----/src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php[/B] on line [B]147[/B]

Presales License Question:

Does it make a difference for the lifetime of my license (in regard to free upgrades) whether I purchase the license now or wait for the XF 2.2 compatible version?

Chris

I know how to for character count, but not word count.
Something like:
Code:
^\W*(?:\w+\b\W*){2,10}$
For between 2 and 10 words.

Last edited:
@Ozzy47 This add-on caught my eye. I'm looking for the following:

Code:
One thread with multiple distinct polls, each with exactly one user able to see them other than the thread starter.

Would Unlimited Forms and Control Form access by Usergroup, User Criteria make that possible?

P.S. (Even better if they can be positioned below the thread.)

Last edited:
Not sure if I can understand you correctly. XF allows you only to have 1 single poll for each thread. That is the core of XF. You cannot have multiple polls in one single thread, you would have to create separate threads. Not only that, what you want is user-specific polls. That means each poll is targeting one specific user. How should XF do that? How should it know which poll is for which user? That is not possible.

Maybe the user targeting is possible. Hmmm, need to test if you can do what you want to do.

1598741270360.png

So what you can do is to have username specific forms. Only matched usernames would be able to see that form and submit the form. And if you opt-in for the poll option, it would create a thread with the results of the submitted form and attach a poll to it. But everyone who can see that node would see that created thread and poll.

Last edited:
Not sure if I can understand you correctly. XF allows you only to have 1 single poll for each thread. That is the core of XF. You cannot have multiple polls in one single thread, you would have to create separate threads. Not only that, what you want is user-specific polls. That means each poll is targeting one specific user. How should XF do that? How should it know which poll is for which user? That is not possible.

Maybe the user targeting is possible. Hmmm, need to test if you can do what you want to do.

View attachment 233853

So what you can do is to have username specific forms. Only matched usernames would be able to see that form and submit the form. And if you opt-in for the poll option, it would create a thread with the results of the submitted form and attach a poll to it. But everyone who can see that node would see that created thread and poll.
Could the thread be placed such that it's invisible?

For example, creating a private thread, or creating a thread in a separate forum but keeping the form as the only thing visible to the user in the main thread.
1598744827264.webp

This default XF core permission allows you to have nodes where people can only view threads they own (a.k.a private threads).

In the addon options you can choose:

1598744800533.webp

And if the target forum has that permission "no", then you have private threads.

I don't understand the second part of your sentence.

View attachment 233859

This default XF core permission allows you to have nodes where people can only view threads they own (a.k.a private threads).

In the addon options you can choose:

View attachment 233858

And if the target forum has that permission "no", then you have private threads.

I don't understand the second part of your sentence.
Follow-up:

If I attach a form to a thread so that a specific user can access it from that thread, what does that look like for that user in the thread, and what different options are there for said form? (i.e. Fill-in-the-blank, poll, etc.)

Essentially:

In a perfect world, I have a drop-down list, poll, fill-in-the-blank, or other input and then a specific chosen user accessing the thread is able to send me as the thread creator an answer to a question through that input, with customization available by user.

Example:

Code:
I create the thread "Fun Questions".

Alice accesses my thread and sees the prompt "What is your favourite colour?" and an input for an answer.
Bob accesses my thread and sees the prompt "What is your favourite food?" and an input for an answer.
Carol accesses my thread and sees the prompt "What is your favourite animal?" and an input for an answer.
Yolanda accesses my thread and sees the prompt "What is your favourite toothpaste brand?" and an input for an answer.

Each of these people answers their respective question and I get the results.

Top Bottom