[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
ozzy47,
wanted to check up on something i requested to snog a while back.....not sure if it is anything you have an interest of or fresh idea how to implement perhaps....

we have quite a lot of forms for diff reasons.....however we like the styling to be consistent for them all...as of now, for any style output change we need to manually change the bbcode for question/answer on EVERY FORM...one time would be alot better if it was possible at all...

regards

Is it possible to call a form and pass a value, please?

Example:

Question1: i like
  • Rom
  • Paris
  • Moscow

Question2: Some text

ref to ... /form/example.1/select?field1=Paris

Now Paris should be chosen, when showing the form.

hmm, @ozzy47 in addition to my last request query....just had a thought of another.....in general, the forms could benefit quite a bit by better, more modern styling options....trying to think what can be done toward those ends....

i have seen some forums recently with report type outputs which include some methods for things like iconization of answers or such......adding something like an option to bbcode style each multiple choice answer could go a LONG way...rather than the current option of question/answer only, no variables, and no global application setting......any chance that is possible???

one other thing that would be great is to be able to output more than one answer per 'line'.....picture a bbcode styled question category header(i believe we can do that much as of now right?), then below it 3 questions in grid format with iconized answers....it will look so beautiful you know?

regards

Since it's not possible to have multiple agreements (as answer type) per form i would like to see the option i would like to have the option for minimum answers on multiple choice checkboxes.

I am unsure how i understand this form I love it yes, but its confusing to write up and i need to make a staff application form. Could someone show me how that is done?

I'm not getting bothered asking question about this AddOn! :D

I would LOVE (ok, i desperetly need it) to have an option to process an answer in a next step. It could something be i could use as a variable in a template (like $xf.request.formID.answerID) or it would even be enough if i could make the redirect based on an answer. :(

@sbj: What are you referring to? The conditional questions? That's not what i meant. Let me explain you my case: I have a survey form for guests. The last question is "Would you like to be a part of our community?". If they say "Yes" i would like to redirect them straight to the registration form (after they submitted the form). If no, i would like to redirect them to somewhere else.

Conditional questions is exactly what you describe except with a different outcome.

Conditional question displays another question based on the previous answer. You want a redirect instead of displaying another question. That is the difference. I understand your situation but that is not possible and honestly, I don't think this addon will get any features anymore after Snog left. Be happy that the current one is working and works for future versions, that is the best I am hoping for. I rely on this addon too much for it to disappear, I wish Ozzy would prioritize this addon but yeah, nothing we can do about it.

Same here! Once XF 2.2 is out of the door (i'm hoping for new custom fields) i will get this AddOn completely new developed. There is so much potential in that direction.

Reactions: sbj
Funny enough, custom fields is the major thing my forum relies on. So I understand you aswell in that regard.

And I would say one shouldn't reinvent the wheel as this addon is very complex and offers so many options. Perhaps building on what is already there would be much wiser choice. I would say it would cost you less than trying to bring the new one on the level of this one alone. Yep, there is a lot of potential here, but on the other hand one must say that this addon is very robust and fulfills many things to be fair.

Obviously my post got skipped right over and forgotten I was wondering if it is possible to make a staff application form with this set up. What I am looking for is..

1. Username ID
2. Age
3. Male/Female(multichoice)
4. Question ( How long have you been doing this type of work? (insert answer)
5. Date of Birth
6. Which area of the site would you be applying too? {Multichoice}

a
b
c

this sort of thing.. and a submission... they will be able to view the application and also edit it if they feel they made some sort of mistake.

Obviously my post got skipped right over and forgotten I was wondering if it is possible to make a staff application form with this set up. What I am looking for is..

1. Username ID
2. Age
5. Date of Birth

a
b
c

this sort of thing.. and a submission... they will be able to view the application and also edit it if they feel they made some sort of mistake.

I better call the expert @Snog to see if he can give you a detailed answer.

1. Username ID
2. Age
5. Date of Birth

a
b
c

You could definitely do a form like that.

Once submitted, they would be unable to edit the post via the form. The only way they could edit the post is if they were the user used to post the form and they have permission to edit their own posts.

Once submitted, they would be unable to edit the post via the form. The only way they could edit the post is if they were the user used to post the form and they have permission to edit their own posts.

Thank you, I thought you could but was not 100% certain.

Thank you for replying fast yea, I wasn't sure how it was done or the likes its somewhat confusing. This is the type of application I am trying to make on the forum I did this on google so i can save it. Staff Application

Here some ideas from daily use in a clients forum:

There are only two forms:

1. one for users, one for guests
=> there is one click too much. It makes no sense that a user should click on forms and then choose the one from one links to open a form.

I though about own tabs instead of your tabs or a redirekt in actionindex to check guest/user to to right link.
I have not tried both now.

2. There should be an superspecialactionbonusmodus like:

If a guest uses a form; and the options for this form has {add new user=yes};
then we add a new user with some name=user_id; password = rand(10000-99999) and email =user_id@mydomaine.com
also we loggin that new user and redirect him.

Just then we have a perfect system for users and guests; every other solution i tried is just not the best.
Some users dont book, because they wont register first! So we loose clients.

The second best solution now is to take the form from guests, add an user manually and send the login with WhatsApp.

but the solution above is really much more practicable.

3. If someone can do an addon for the addon with these both functions:

a) jump to the form instead the link, if there is only one choice (here user/guest)

b) if guest, just add an user, reg him, redirect logged in, set cookie, stay logged in, send a priv conf with login data.
please let me now a realistic budget for that.

Last edited:
There is one big problem with your forms addon and/or xenforo itself on some mobiles. (for example Le Eco Max 2 with Android 10)
If you dont know how to get rid of the virtual keyboard you cant see the button to send a form.
I have tried this on several mobiles and finally i can understand why so many people have problems to send a form. Some call me and say that they cant register. When five people call in a week, i guess that at least 50 other people have the some problem.

Top Bottom