Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.2 Update 2.2.0 Beta 7

danger GIF
Warning Sign GIF

Now That Ive got your attention:

Fixed XML import from older versions

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yeah, that should be resolved in the latest version,

Hello, I'm using the latest version of advanced forms "[OzzModz] Advanced Forms 2.2.0 Beta 7", but it forces me to upload 1 attachment but I set the file upload as a not necessary. In the settings option, I put a blank for this option. Can you please help me?

I cant reproduce this on my dev environment.
Which browser and device are you using?

Oh I think I know how it happens. They are from deleted forms so they don't have a name. I just clicked on the stacked trash can icon multiple times to delete them and they are gone now.

Hello, I'm using the latest version of advanced forms "[OzzModz] Advanced Forms 2.2.0 Beta 7".

I met 2 bugs:

1. "You must have to upload a minimum 1 attachment.'' It forces me to upload an attachment but if you check you will find the file upload is not necessary. In the settings option, I put a blank for this option.
2. When I want to submit a topic, it shows: Oops, you must wait for 168s then you can continue to produce.

I found another issue.

I had a form type with these boxes checked. There was nothing selected in "User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups".

type.png

However on the form itself I had this checked.

form.png

The permission didn't work until I checked the appropriate group in the form type.

This group permission doesn't seem to work either. You can still view forms with this group permission.

form.png

1. "You must have to upload a minimum 1 attachment.'' It forces me to upload an attachment but if you check you will find the file upload is not necessary. In the settings option, I put a blank for this option.
It works fine for me.
Make sure that you have configured the correct form.

1630493228227.webp

. When I want to submit a topic, it shows: Oops, you must wait for 168s then you can continue to produce.

There is an option to change flood check time limit. Does it work for you?

1630493288878.webp

@bottiger

As explained in the documentation, the user group permission has a different role, so it works as intended. It does not configure access to the forms, it only enables/disables the navigation bar. So technically you can disable the entry on the navigation bar, but with a correct link one can still access the form (if the criteria are met, which I will talk about after this).

1630494785591.webp

So the "real" permissions are set inside the type and the form itself. Those should work without a problem. I cannot tell from the screenshots what you expected to happen.

To note is that the permission for type and form are independent from each other but if the form is "under" a type, then you must meet both criteria. Read the description:

1630495449557.webp

Say, you have a type A and a form A (which is under type A).

If you want the user to see the type A, he must meet criteria for type A.
If you want the user to see the form A, he must meet criteria for type A and form A.

If you want the user to see the form A, he must meet criteria for type A and form A.

My report demonstrates that this failed. The user was able to see the form even when I specified user is not in the group "report banned". It was only after I specified that in the type that it worked.

My report demonstrates that this failed. The user was able to see the form even when I specified user is not in the group "report banned". It was only after I specified that in the type that it worked.
Hmm, this is strange and makes no sense. It could be a bug, I need to test it when I have time.

From your explanation it makes no sense. Same criteria system for type and form. If it does not work for form, it shouldn't work for type either. Yet when you put criteria for type, it worked, but it didnt work when you put the criteria on form.

Are you running the latest version of the addon?

Hello,
Yesterday I noticed that Conditional questions are written as null when writing to the database. But while the answers are coming via email, all the information is coming properly. (Except for the single line text field, where I use the {username} tag).

In the same way, the answers do not appear in the log file.

In short, some answers are not written to the database. (conditional questions as far as I can see)

This problem was also present in the previous 2.2.0 Beta X version, although we do not know for sure. I did not have this problem before version 2.2.0.

Couple of questions I couldn't get answers to while pre-purchase researching:

1) Would it be possible for the form to create two threads on user submission? I wanted one for public view and one for private for feedback/discussion behind the scenes

2) I know unregistered users can submit forms but would it be possible to create user on submit? If so with assigned rank?

Couple of questions I couldn't get answers to while pre-purchase researching:

1) Would it be possible for the form to create two threads on user submission? I wanted one for public view and one for private for feedback/discussion behind the scenes

2) I know unregistered users can submit forms but would it be possible to create user on submit? If so with assigned rank?

Documentation 5.3.3.5 answers the first of your questions: https://snogssite.com/threads/advanced-forms-documentation.3677/#message-anchor-5335

1) Yes, this is possible. Obviously the 2nd target forum should have the right permissions so it is not open for public view.

1631571350209.png

2) Definitely not possible. How would it work? You need to enter e-mail and password for user registration. Should it magically assign a pw and email?

What you can do is to use the redirect option, see 5.4: https://snogssite.com/threads/advanced-forms-documentation.3677/#message-anchor-54

1631571778196.png

So, after submission, you can have the user redirected to a defined link, like the link to the registration form. This is the closest thing you can do.

2) Definitely not possible. How would it work? You need to enter e-mail and password for user registration. Should it magically assign a pw and email?
Yes, addon that I current use for 1.5.x requires email and name, creates user based on that with specific user group rank with random email and emails them password reset email.

I was hoping there'd be something similar.

Top Bottom