[oxy] News Portal [Paid] [Deleted]

0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n submitted a new resource:

[oxy] News Portal - Masonry style presentation of threads drawn from specific forums

DEMO
Client Side Demo (XF Default style):
Live Demo (may contain style adjustments):

Now this is not a full featured article system with thread promotion options or article views. I may implement that later on, but I really just like extending a forum and not becoming something...

Read more about this resource...

Interesting, How images appear above the avatars?

Can you add the XenForo sidebar?
Can I use the widget framework?

Very nice looking. I will play with it. Thanks for telling us what it does, what it will do, and what it may do in time. It makes it so much easier to support an addon early on when you can clearly see a roadmap.

I am liking it so far. While it's a new site I am working on when it hopefully gets a little busier I think it will look pretty nice. Replacing xenPorta with this as it looks more modern.

Just one but I could modify it in the future to show more.
Very nice looking. I will play with it. Thanks for telling us what it does, what it will do, and what it may do in time. It makes it so much easier to support an addon early on when you can clearly see a roadmap.
No worries it is what I would want as a buyer and so that is what I am doing.

Sorry submitted before I answered the other two questions.
You can add an xf sidebar. I will add a tutorial later and make it optional in a future update.

I use bd widget framework currently and it works just fine. The template that needs to be included is "oxy_news_portal"

I am liking it so far. While it's a new site I am working on when it hopefully gets a little busier I think it will look pretty nice. Replacing xenPorta with this as it looks more modern.
Glad to hear. I am a fan of xenporta myself and use it in combination on one of my sites. *for the article view*

i am heading home via the bus. there is a template issue causing infinite scrolling to not work. quick fix

admincp->appearance->templates->
oxy_news_portal

find and replace
Code:
link="oxynews"
with
Code:
link="news"

Are any other ppl finding that it takes a while to load the /news page compared to the rest of their site?

It looks ok in default and xenfracture custom style. Not so hot in UI.X based styles. I will definitely have to do some modding.

It could use breadcrumb and title to make it seem more like a XF page.

No caching yet I'm already working on that.
I originally had it, but I decided to re-work the add-on from the bottom up and I did not add it back.

I assume the issue might be you guys are drawing from way more forums than me? Or the forums you selected have a lot more threads than my own. I'm investigating multiple sites today and tomorrow and I will produce an update to combat this lag issue.

I will likely be purchasing a UI.X style today or tomorrow and I will see what's going on.

For the breadcrumbs I forgot I left that out due to my personal preference *sorry!*

Admincp->Appearance->Styles->Templates-> oxy_news_portal.css

Replace
Code:
/** XF Modify - do not modify unless you want to see a breadbox **/
.breadcrumb, .breadBoxTop {
        display:none !important;

}
/** XF Modify **/

With
Code:
/** XF Modify - do not modify unless you want to see a breadbox **/
.breadcrumb, .breadBoxTop {

}
/** XF Modify **/

Or just entirely remove the code

For the ui.x style (quark) with fixed header I just changed
Code:
/** End Clearfix **/

* {
  box-sizing: border-box;
}

To
Code:
/** End Clearfix **/

* {
  box-sizing: inherit;
}

This messed up some of the spacing around some of the data boxes but that was fixed by removing "text-transform: uppercase;" from ".oxyNewsTitle".

It would probably look better with a page title to push the data a little lower and it's own route in the breadcrumb.

Addon looks good. The problem is it is very, very, very slow. Once you fix up the speed of it to work normally it will be great!

EDIT: It breaks arrowchat.

Okay, so I think I found a problem.

Something for sure - The attachment it displays in the boxes is the actual attachment. Meaning if an image is 5mb it will load the 5mb image and scale it down to fit in the box, however it is still loading a 5mb image. If each box has a 5mb image and you have 10 boxes you need to download 50mb. This should be changed so that it uses a resized attachment to display (ie 250px x 250px - even if the real attachment is 5000px x 5000px).

I don't know how your addon pulls the information to display, but I am going to assume if you want it to load 1000 boxes but only display 5 at a time it will get the user to download 1000 boxes data. I don't know if this is the case, but I tried this on my forum and on one of my nodes it would not even load the page, as I am assuming it was downloading gigabytes worth of attachments.

Top Bottom