Out Nation & This Nation

akia

thought that maybe it was about time I posted here to show off my forums and get any feedback.

The first one is called Out Nation, www.outnation.net its a LGBT forum with a integrated directory. Apart from the rainbow flag as part of the logo I've avoided going for typical gay colours, the closest I've been able to get to pink without my members complaining its too gay is the purple. :) This sites been running since 2008, and was converted to Xenforo last year. Tried IPB for about 6 months at the end of last year but moved back to xenforo in april this year.

The second is called This Nation, www.thisnation.co.uk its just a general chat forum, meant to be the sister forum to Out Nation so has the same look. I've not really paid much attention to this one, its generally used as my test bed.

Both are running Xenforo RC1

Purple is a good colour, I'd suggesting complimenting the purple with other colours along the purple range vut i think you should rid the majority of the default xf blue since i don't think it suits the purple your gone with. I think more enhancements are needed, more colour changes to polish this style up imo. :)

Purple is a good colour, I'd suggesting complimenting the purple with other colours along the purple range vut i think you should rid the majority of the default xf blue since i don't think it suits the purple your gone with. I think more enhancements are needed, more colour changes to polish this style up imo. :)
Yea, I tried that before but my members complained, they are more attached to the blue than the purple. The blue and purple was a compromise that was reached. as I didn't want the blue as it was too stock xenforo. I might try a gradual approch and change the colours a little by little so they don't notice. ;)

Yea, I tried that before but my members complained, they are more attached to the blue than the purple. The blue and purple was a compromise that was reached. as I didn't want the blue as it was too stock xenforo. I might try a gradual approch and change the colours a little by little so they don't notice. ;)

:LOL: Gradual is good. But jokery aside, xenforo has a beautifully implemented style system so I would get into the mindset of utilising it and going with the colours you are actually wanting to brand your site. But I hear what your saying and understand the predicament you have but the last thing I would allow is for members of my site to hold me hostage on what type of design I wanted. They basically know where the door is if they want to kick up about the style but that's not to say I won't listen if legitimate criticism if posted.

Perhaps leave that style as it is and build a style you like and want and set that as default and for those that want the blue they can easily select it from the style chooser. A good compromise i feel that'll allow for your imagination and stamp on a style to flow, chances are what you envision they will most probably like and use. A good way to test this if you go down this route is install @MattW style statistics add-on and see what % of users are using what style which would give you an indicator what style proves to be the most popular one. That add-on can be found here >> http://xenforo.com/community/resources/theme-usage-information.1696/

Top Bottom