1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Option To Set Different Languages For Public And Admin Interface

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by ibnesayeed, Sep 23, 2011.

1. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

RTL support coming in XenForo-1.1 makes me excited day by day. But I am worried about few things. As we have already discussed several times to have separate phrases for admin and public interfaces (because, we mostly want to translate public interface only). We have also discussed about having separate language configurations for the two.

Since, we can configure any forum to be served in a specific language, there is a fair chance to apply a specific language to the admin interface also. So that, while browsing through a forum (e.g. in Arabic), if we jump to admin control panel, we might want it to be in English, rather than having a mess of RTL and LTR phrases.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. simunaqv

simunaqv Well-Known Member

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Ah yes, thanks, I linked to the wrong thread.

Updated the post.
    ibnesayeed likes this.
  5. ibnesayeed

Please mark it as implemented. I am really glad to see this implemented unexpectedly. :)
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is an add-on thread, not a suggestion. I haven't found a formal suggestion to mark as implemented.
  7. ibnesayeed

Linked thread is an add-on, but this thread itself was a suggestion, although I ended up posting it in "General XenForo Discussion and Feedback" section. Those early days! :)