OECK - A Next-Gen VPN.

OECK

Hi everyone,

After two years of development, the VPN service is almost ready to launch. Servers have been shipped and racked, routers are racked and we are finishing up the apps - hopefully in time :p

It would be great to get some feedback on the website and forums prior to us launching. There are a lot of talented people on this website and I would love to hear opinions. What looks nice, what does not, what would be better, etc.

The website in its entirety is built in Xenforo. We have made custom addons for it, in order for it to interact with our network, however everything you see is powered by Xenforo.

There are a couple of key pages;

www.oeck.com/features/
www.oeck.com/manual/
www.oeck.com/pricing/

For those of you who only care about the forums -
www.oeck.com/community/

Some parts of the website (such as the control panel) are not accessible unless you are logged in (which you can't at this time because registrations are not yet open). But any feedback on what you can see will be great.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Last edited:
Site looks beautiful, Peter. Very well done, it is quite difficult to pull off minimalism on a forum and it looks like you were able to do that quite well.

Screenshots of the control panel?

Site looks beautiful, Peter. Very well done, it is quite difficult to pull off minimalism on a forum and it looks like you were able to do that quite well.

Screenshots of the control panel?

Hi Mike,

I have to say, hearing that from you is a huge relief. I have lost count how many times I have gone over the site tweaking minor details. I am really glad you like it :). Thank you for the compliment.

I don't have screenshots of the control panel, but I made a video for you (PM). This also shows the features of the VPN. If you know what port-forwarding is, you are going to love what you see.

As far as the forums go, that was all you buddy. I am sure you noticed, we are using a couple of your addons. It took a little bit of work to get the threaded replies to look the way I wanted them to, but if it was not for your addon it would have never happened. Really great addon you have there.

Thanks again :)

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Last edited:
Site looks good mate, well done and good luck with the launch. We need more VPN providers around thats for sure.

Curious, what payment options will you be accepting?

Site looks good mate, well done and good luck with the launch. We need more VPN providers around thats for sure.

Curious, what payment options will you be accepting?
Hi @combatgamez,

Thank you for your kind words and wishes. It means a lot to us.

There are a lot of VPN providers out there, but unfortunately only a very few good ones. We built this to be the VPN we wanted to use - which is why we went down the road we did.

We will be accepting Mastercard, Visa, Paypal, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dai, Ethereum, Litecoin, USD Coin and cold hard cash. Cash is the best way to pay - though not convenient. However, it is by far the most privacy-friendly, followed by crypto.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Hi everyone,

After two years of development, the VPN service is almost ready to launch. Servers have been shipped and racked, routers are racked and we are finishing up the apps - hopefully in time :p

It would be great to get some feedback on the website and forums prior to us launching. There are a lot of talented people on this website and I would love to hear opinions. What looks nice, what does not, what would be better, etc.

The website in its entirety is built in Xenforo. We have made custom addons for it, in order for it to interact with our network, however everything you see is powered by Xenforo.

There are a couple of key pages;

www.oeck.com/features/
www.oeck.com/manual/
www.oeck.com/pricing/

For those of you who only care about the forums -
www.oeck.com/community/

Some parts of the website (such as the control panel) are not accessible unless you are logged in (which you can't at this time because registrations are not yet open). But any feedback on what you can see will be great.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.
Good morning,
That's one beautiful looking site you have. Very snazzy. (y)
Love the minimalist forums. Makes mine look like spaghetti junction :rolleyes: :D

Wow, I absolutely love it! Always drawn to simplistic forum designs like these, they really captivate me! Fantastic effort!

Thanks very much for the kind words everyone. Are there any suggestions any of you may have?

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.
For me, personally, it's very....white. And that hurts my eyes. I'd definitely stick with the simplicity, but maybe tone down the whiteness.

Thanks very much for the kind words everyone. Are there any suggestions any of you may have?

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.
Or provide a dark theme solution. It’s a trend, all websites have this choice for users. Especially VPN users who use VPNs to browse right? Too much browsing on a white screen can be too much!

For me, personally, it's very....white. And that hurts my eyes. I'd definitely stick with the simplicity, but maybe tone down the whiteness.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have now made the forums an off-white color. It is subtle, but yes, it is easier on the eyes. Let me know if it helped.

Or provide a dark theme solution. It’s a trend, all websites have this choice for users. Especially VPN users who use VPNs to browse right? Too much browsing on a white screen can be too much!
The VPN is an app you install and browse the internet as you normally would. They won't be doing browsing via our website. A dark theme sounds nice, it may be something we look at in the future, as the website isn't based around the forums, it is based around a service.

Thanks for the suggestions :) If there are more please keep them coming.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Wow! So clean! Beautiful landing page, too. I suggest you revert to your original background so that your forum_bg.png image blends with it. That's wut made it so unique. Cheers.

Small thing, but I wonder if making these headings look muted/smaller/larger/just different in general. They look like links

1583527883864.webp

Wow! So clean! Beautiful landing page, too. I suggest you revert to your original background so that your forum_bg.png image blends with it. That's wut made it so unique. Cheers.
Hi l3ta,

I'm not sure what you mean. forum_bg.png is transparent. It should be the exact same background colour as the page background. If you can share a screenshot I will take a look.

Small thing, but I wonder if making these headings look muted/smaller/larger/just different in general. They look like links

View attachment 220008

The headings are slightly different to the text, but I am guessing this is a browser issue. May I ask which browser you are using? I will take a look. They are meant to be slightly darker and a bit more full. The text in your screenshot also looks a lot finer than it should.

Thanks for pointing that out. I have to fix it.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Last edited:
@Oeck - welcome to asking people's opinions, then feeling you have to pander.
I learnt the hard way. Simply give people what YOU feel is best and ideal for your business model. Don't ask for their opinion.
If I could give anyone, any solid advice, it'd be this....
(y)

Top Bottom