Oops – you have followed an old link...

DoctorWatsOn

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind!

I feel better for that.
biggrin.png

Great stuff, but you better make your giant link look more like a link !!!

I had to actually read it again to figure out that I had to click on it to go to the new forum !!

Congratulations on the conversion. :)

I should perhaps have waited until I’ve got the whole new site ready to launch next month, but as the forums represent a tiny amount of the overall traffic and have basically almost died over the last few months I decided what the heck.

Shedloads to do on the rest of it.

Personally I just replace the vB with XenForo, instead of your members having to /sussexforum/ just let them go to drwatson.info/

Never saw why admins left a copy of the old software running in place.

Great stuff, but you better make your giant link look more like a link !!!

I had to actually read it again to figure out that I had to click on it to go to the new forum !!

I am not sure how to.
redface.png

That's basically a vB forum heading, TBH I don't think it's that important for the very few people that may have bookmarked a direct link to the old forums - the link in the main site's navbar now opens up the new forum.

Personally I just replace the vB with XenForo, instead of your members having to /sussexforum/ just let them go to drwatson.info/

Never saw why admins left a copy of the old software running in place.

The main traffic to the site is for the CMS sections & what's on calendars, so I can't drop vB as the main site until I've built the new one using Contentteller for the CMS and Jaxel's events add-on for the rest.

I haven't even sourced the new header logo yet.
redface.png

But I just couldn't wait any longer to get the forums over to xF, it was killing. :D

Top Bottom