1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Status

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Dav, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Dav

Dav Active Member

Hi

Can Admins no longer see members who choose not to show their online status with Beta 6 because i could see who was online before i upgraded from beta 5.

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That hasn't changed in Beta 6, try checking the usergroup permission for Bypass user privacy.

3. Dav

Dav Active Member

Hi Brogan

Iv noticed i cant see ip addresses now either but my permissions say i can. Same with the Bypass user privacy

4. Brogan

I suspect it's a moderator issue.
    Several people have reported problems with the moderator bar no longer appearing.

Try removing and re-adding moderator permissions.

5. Dav

Dav Active Member

Ill try this :)

6. Dav

Dav Active Member

Iv tried removing and re-adding but i still cant bypass user privacy or see ip addresses :(

Sorry, my news feeds dont seem to be working either but iv noticed other users have this issue.

Thanks

7. Dav

Dav Active Member

Edit: Problem solved

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

What did you do to solve the issues?? Others may benefit from your solutions. :)

9. Dav

Dav Active Member

For some reason i had the moderator and admin permissions boxes checked. Where i should of just had the admin permissions box checked :)

I still cant get my news feeds to work though. iv tried posting as guest and as a user but no luck. Is anyone else having a problem importing their feeds to their forum?

10. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What is the problem? And what is the URL of the feed?

11. Dav

Dav Active Member

Hi,
    This is the link to the feed but i had to include http.// at the beginning for it to let me save the feed because it was saying invalid URL feed://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/health/rss.xml I have had it set up since last night and every time i import nothing happens.

Here is a screen of how i have it set
    Screen shot 2011-01-14 at 19.10.37.png

12. Jake Bunce

13. Dav

Dav Active Member

Thanks, ill try this :)

14. Dav

Dav Active Member

Hi Jake iv tried this and it still doesn't seem to be working for me. Would you be able to send me a screenshot of the settings of a working feed so i can see if im going wrong anywhere.
    Thanks

15. Brogan

16. Dav

Dav Active Member

Thanks Brogan ill try this :)

17. Dav

Dav Active Member

18. Jake Bunce

Here is what works for your feed. I confirmed it works on my test forum:

Screen shot 2011-01-15 at 6.37.22 PM.png

19. Dav

Dav Active Member

Hi Jake thanks for that, this is how i have it set up but it still doesn't seem to be working for me. Im getting the error "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." when i press the orange RSS feed buttons on any of my forums. Could this have anything to do with why they may not be working for me?
    Thanks

20. Jake Bunce

Those are outgoing feeds which are different than the incoming feeds.

What happens when you import the feed?

Screen shot 2011-01-16 at 12.28.24 PM.png