1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one-way trip to Mars

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jake Bunce, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

2. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

If I wasn't with someone I think I'd do it.

3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

borbole and 0xym0r0n like this.
  4. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

True! Weren't they supposed to build a space station to sustain life for a small/select community around one of the moons of some random planet? lol

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

7. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

We talked about this over on our forums. Apparently, it's going to be financed partly by a "Survivor" type game show for the selection process. Many members started nominating those they'd like to go to Mars (and never come back) like Pelosi, Obama and even Kim Jung Un was on the nomination list. I think even Beiber made the list. Hell, they really want to make money, they should continue the show after they arrive on Mars, showing how they adapt and fair the solitude. Watching them argue and learn to survive in a Martian world... Now, that would pull in the ratings. LOL.

Jake, I think you'd do good there. You've always wanted a micro-home.

8. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

When reading through the threaded CNN discussion one post flashed yellow with a "a new comment was written just a moment ago". I clicked on it and the new comment appeared. How cool is that!

9. oldzy

oldzy Active Member

Get your ass to Mars!

Jake Bunce likes this.
  10. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

I'd do it.

11. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I'm applying

(Seriously)

Someone's got to setup the first server on mars. j/k :p

12. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

13. 14DH01

14DH01 Active Member

I would like to reserve a place for my wife :D

Brad L, erich37, Biker and 2 others like this.
  14. Shelley

:ROFLMAO:

SneakyDave and 14DH01 like this.
  15. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Save some room for the ex's, too!

14DH01 likes this.
  16. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

As long as I can get some Google Fiber up there.

Crayo likes this.
  17. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

:ROFLMAO:

I can see this ending badly!

18. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

As if it is not bad enough that we ****ed up the earth, now we gotta **** up the other planets too.

Shelley likes this.
  19. Shelley

Yup. This is a big if. If this Nigerian (what I can see is another form of nigerian scamming company) will undo NASA's hard work in keeping the planet contaminant free from terrestrial organisms.

You gotta laugh though, I like how the image further up the post has some kind of mars mound with a habitat leading into it. what are they planning? to house humans with radioactive mars soil? :LOL:

Personally, my own opinion and I can't believe people are actually buying into this utter garbage. Makes you wonder, how much are the executives being paid to run this show? there's an agenda and financial motive incentive right there.

Forget that Mars has dust storms I sure hope those solar panels tilt because the last thing any person would do is go out when one of the major dust storms hit and clean it (if that is even possible). :ROFLMAO:

Verdict: SCAM

borbole likes this.
  20. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

The future of space travel isn't NASA. Private enterprise is going to be the driving force behind a lot of future space ventures. SpaceX corporation is already under contract to deliver supplies to the International Space Station with their Dragon spacecraft.

BlackJacket likes this.