• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

One-touch Ban & Spam Cleanup (existing vB3 add-on)

Hyperion

Hi.

I have not used the administrative functions of xenForo so I do not know if cleaning up spam bots is already something so quickly and sufficiently done with xenForo functions that this add-on would add little benefit.

Here is the feature I have in mind:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=156444

Here are screen shots of the settings:

cleanupscreen1.webp

cleanupscreen2.webp

Here is a screen shot of the the "One-touch Ban & Clean" option included in the drop down when I click my user name:

dropdowncleanup.webp

Of course, I cannot delete myself because I am in an protected user group, and because I have been registered for more than 2 days (both editable options in the AdminCP).

That being the case, I will use as an example a new account to show the screen that results when I click the "One-touch Ban & Clean" option:

cleanupconfirm.webp

The first sentence shown in the screen shot above included the user name and user id, but I cut that out.

This feature has made cleaning up the spam bot who appears once in a while a piece of cake. Would a feature like this be a good addition to xenForo, though?

The Spam Cleaner functionality in XenForo is simple to use and seems to cover most of the stuff above.
This is the overlay which appears when clicking on the Spam link for a member.

spam_cleaner.webp

The checkboxes are configurable in the ACP as to whether they are checked by default, as is the email text.

Top Bottom