OMG – I’ve seriously lost my voice…

DoctorWatsOn

….from cheering and shouting so much at a basketball game, bit sad for someone in their late 40s!

I can’t believe how carried away I got, nor could anyone else in our group, particularly the kids.
redface.png

My excuse, beyond the alcohol consumed, is that it’s the first time this season that ‘Worthing Thunder’ has actually played a decent game, and instead of being totally depressed and wanting to reach for the razor blades to end it all, it was a totally amazing game.

Neck and neck all the way to the last moment, when we lost by 2 points in the last 10 seconds – 101 to 103.
frown.png

But, cracking game all the same.
smile.png

Just hope my voice returns in the morning.

….from cheering and shouting so much at a basketball game, bit sad for someone in their late 40s!

I can’t believe how carried away I got, nor could anyone else in our group, particularly the kids. :oops:

My excuse, beyond the alcohol consumed, is that it’s the first time this season that ‘Worthing Thunder’ has actually played a decent game, and instead of being totally depressed and wanting to reach for the razor blades to end it all, it was a totally amazing game.

Neck and neck all the way to the last moment, when we lost by 2 points in the last 10 seconds – 101 to 103. :(

But, cracking game all the same. :)

Just hope my voice returns in the morning.

We used to go to the Basketball when it first really took off in Sydney, and I would do exactly the same, scream myself hoarse there would be popcorn flying around the seats... lol it was soooo much fun, and I HATE watching sport, but Basketball is so thrilling, especially those last few minutes of the last quarter if it is a close game like that :D

Many years ago now, not even sure if Sydney still has a Team.

I don't know if you'll have any, but ginger tea is good for bad throats. Twinnings do a good lemon and ginger tea, or you can make your own. It helps a lot!

Hope you get your voice back soon!

I don't know if you'll have any, but ginger tea is good for bad throats. Twinnings do a good lemon and ginger tea, or you can make your own. It helps a lot!

Genger tea is absolutely one of the best remedies for a sore/hoarse throat/non-existent voice. If you're not a tea-liker, try to ignore the taste (I do).
It really does help.

Tea and warm liquids will help with the soreness, but the best thing to do at the moment is to actually give your voice a bit of rest.

With all yelling and screaming, the vocal cords need some rest before they can actually function at "normal levels". Any attempt at trying to "get your voice back quickly" will only keep them fatigued.

So take a long nap and try to talk less or really really softly for the next 24 hours. :)

Peppermint tea also feels REALLY good on a sore throat. :)
Our 8 year old is getting over a flu/sinus infection... Maybe the Ginger tea is worth a try. I'll have to see if we have any. Thx!

Peppermint tea also feels REALLY good on a sore throat. :)
Our 8 year old is getting over a flu/sinus infection... Maybe the Ginger tea is worth a try. I'll have to see if we have any. Thx!

Peppermint tea is good, but ginger is better by miles imo! It really does work. (at least it did for me)

Have to try it... Our daughter is one of the best sickies I know, she's always positive and tries to do whatever you ask her to do (medicine, Neti pot etc), but it's sooo hard to hear the scratchiness in her little eight year old voice as she tells you that "I've got a crack in my throat, and it really hurts". :(

Well I am pleased to say that I drifted to sleep last night in a drunken stupor and when I woke up this morning my voice had returned. :cool:

We used to go to the Basketball when it first really took off in Sydney, and I would do exactly the same, scream myself hoarse there would be popcorn flying around the seats... lol it was soooo much fun, and I HATE watching sport, but Basketball is so thrilling, especially those last few minutes of the last quarter if it is a close game like that :D

Many years ago now, not even sure if Sydney still has a Team.

Funny you should say that, I hate sport too. I was invited to see Worthing Thunder play towards to end of 2009 by the club, soon after starting the Doctor WatsOn site (what's on site for Worthing) and I was hooked, more so because I was given shedloads of free tickets for myself and to give away on the site, so we tend to get along to every home game now. The club plays in the top league, the British Basketball League (BBL), against mainly city-based clubs, which is not bad for a small seaside town.

Last season was great, one game we won in the last 6 seconds, this season not so good, but despite losing last night it was the best game so far this season.

Top Bottom